8: 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛

The wind was blowing by every few seconds that passed on the island as a truck could be seen in the tall grass. Whimpers of pain and loud breathes could be heard from inside the truck on the passenger's side seat as the stammers of the boy in the driver's seat added to his girlfriend's pained noises from the bullet currently stuck in her skin in her torso area at the moment from the gunshots that happened just minutes and minutes ago before they were being chased.

John B's wide eyes stayed on his girlfriend's bloody hand as she let out another shaky breath. Remembering his bandana wrapped around his neck, he frantically took it off and softly placed it on her wound, instructing her to push down on it in a calm tone, despite how he was freaking out on the inside. A loud and sharp gasp escaped Y/n when he gently pushed down on her wound, frantic apologies leaving the boy.

His hand stayed on the bandana and even if she had been focused on all the pain, too shocked to say anything at the moment, she could feel his hand shaking against her torso as he tried to keep calm and give her positive thoughts that she would be okay. He would make sure she's okay.

"I know it hurts, but we've gotta stop the bleeding." John B tells her.

Shakily nodding in response, another gasp escapes the girl as she leans forward once the brunette boy beside her claimed they should take the large shirt that she had been using as a jacket off.

A grunt of pain escaped past her lips as John B softly placed his hand on her shoulder, gently leaning her back until she was resting on the back of the chair, instructing her to stay as still as possible to not make the pain worse whenever she moved.

Frantically leaning down, the boy reaches for his phone, dialing in the familiar number before pressing it to his ear, waiting for Terrance to answer his phone call. The Routledge boy couldn't help but close his eyes for a second, gulping down his fear.

"Did you get the gold?" Terrance's voice asks once he answered.

"Hey! Y-Yeah, we got it." John B replies, to which his and Cleo's voice cheers from the other side. "We got the gold, but listen, we have bigger problems. Y/n's been shot. She's been shot in the gut. I need your help. We're up in the cane field, about a mile up on the left hand side."

"Where you at?" Terrance questions.

John B shrugs. "I-I'm not sure. I'll drop a pin. I don't know how to get here. I need you to hurry."

"We're on our way. We'll find you." Terrance declares.

Responding with a small 'okay', the boy hung up the phone, carelessly placing it down before turning back to his girlfriend. He felt himself shake at the sight of blood on her hands as she pressed on the bandana with as much strength as she could. Minutes went by and when the sound of an engine filled his eardrums, John B found himself rushing out of the truck, the straps of his backpack over his shoulders as he went to the passenger's side.

Carefully but quickly, he was able to get the Maybank girl out of the vehicle, wrapping her arm around his shoulders since she had stumbled when she tried to walk. Passing the truck and getting to the back, he felt relief flow through him at the sight of another truck there, Terrance and Cleo hopping out. Shouting the Y/n's name, Cleo was quick to rush forward, wrapping the younger girl's other arm around her shoulders, helping John B to get her in the seat she had just been in.

"I just texted you the address of a doctor! Tell him I sent you!" Terrance informs.

John B nods. "Okay, and it's a hospital, right?"

"No. You wanna get caught?" Terrance reminds.

"I really don't give a shit, T." John B admits, closing the passenger's seat door when Y/n was in the truck. "She needs help."