11: 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎

It had gotten darker out in Nassau, the sun having fully set so the moonlight could come out and take it's place while the nighttime was arriving like it always did. The chirps of crickets could be heard all around the island, adding to the chatters of the many voices all throughout the streets and the engines and honks coming from the vehicles driving around.

The echoing sounds of police sirens added to the sounds of the living things and the rest of the nature all around, the chase having been going on for about an hour or so now. The chase had gone on long enough that the sun had already set while the police were chasing down the car they had been able to track down once again.

John B turned the wheel as he quickly turned the vehicle him and the two females were in to their right, pressing on the break after a couple of seconds when they were further in.

A few seconds afterwards, they heard and saw the police siren drive right past them as Cleo and John B had been staring from over their shoulders, feeling relief fill them when they were hearing the sirens sound further and further away from where they were currently hiding, showing that the cops hadn't seen them turn this way to hide in the vehicle.

Many boats sat around on the land and on the water that they had parked in front of, no one being seen around except for them.

"You sure we're good, Cleo?" John B questions, glancing around to see if they were alone.

Cleo nods, resting the back of her head against the headrest of her seat. "Yeah, man. We'll just wait here until it cools down."

The brunette only nods as he continues to look around for a couple of more seconds. Meanwhile, Y/n had been leaning back into her seat the entire time, one hand resting on top of the blood stain on her bottoms, showing that that was where her wound was.

John B noticed this once he stopped looking around, brows furrowing in concern while he heard a quiet groan of pain escape past her lips as she tried to ignore the pain as much as she could, the same pain that had been coming back after the doctor had given her something.

"You good?" John B whispers to her.

Y/n shakily nods, gulping. "Fine."

There was a silence as some time passed between the three. Once they were sure they were all alone, they had exited the vehicle and Cleo looked around while staying close, making sure that they actually were alone and there were no cops.

As she did that, Y/n sat on the hood of the car with her elbows resting on her knees, head resting in the palm of her hands as she watched the water calmly move. Beside her, John B had a hand resting on her thigh, the pad of his thumb gently caressing the skin of it in hopes of comforting her as they waited for Cleo to come back.

"Streets is quiet." Cleo announces, walking back to them. "I can get you to a boat. You have somewhere you can hole up?"

John B nods. "Yeah, we're gonna ride the Gulf Stream north as far as it can go. Look for some deserted island to shell up on."

"And then what? More running?" Y/n asks with raised brows, looking at him. "Look, I know you don't trust the cops, but you're innocent. We should go home."

"To OBX?" John B questions in disbelief.

"To our family." Y/n corrects, remembering the four people they considered family back at Outer Banks.

John B raises a brow. "What about Ward?"

"Fuck Ward. He's the one who should be running, not us. He said he'd tell the truth if we came back. And if he doesn't, I'll grab JJ's gun and make him if I have to." Y/n tells him with a clenched jaw.