25: 𝚙𝚊𝚠𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚙

John B, Y/n and Sarah all walked side by side, the Maybank girl being in-between them as her boyfriend tightly held her hand. The couple began explaining the plan to Sarah about the gold that John B had found in the well back at the Crain's residence. While the three walked together, Ward, all of a sudden, walks out of the house, facing them.

"Hey." Ward greets.

"Hey."

"Hello."

"Hi!"

The three of them greet back as they stopped in their tracks, hoping the man didn't hear anything about what they were talking about.

"What are you three plotting?" Ward asks.

"Uh..." John B stammers.

"The... usual stuff." Y/n replies, glancing at her boyfriend and friend.

"World domination." Sarah adds.

"That's my girl, always aiming high. It's gonna have to wait a day, though, cause I'm taking this kid fishing tomorrow morning. First light." Ward informs, looking to John B. "Just you and me."

"No, he can't tomorrow." Y/n objects.

"Why not?" Ward questions.

"Well, because we have plans." Y/n replies.

"Oh, really? What plans are those? Drive around in the boat all day?" Ward asks.

Y/n shakes her head. "No."

"Look, that boat needs a first mate, and you need to start earning your keep around here, alright?" Ward states, pointing at her boyfriend.

"Dad." Sarah starts.

"What? Sweetie, I'm kidding. He's new to the family. I just wanna take him fishing. Is that alright?" Ward questions.

Reluctantly, both girls nod their heads, sharing a glance as Ward looks to the Routledge boy. Slowly, John B nods his head in agreement, causing the man to pat his shoulder, a smile growing onto his face.

"It's gonna be good." Ward states.

***

Y/n and Sarah found themselves seated in the campervan with Kiara the next day, all three of them looking down at a sheet of paper with a drawing of the well in the Crain's house on the white sheet. The drawing had been done by Pope. The three began to laugh with one another at how the drawing of the well wasn't the best one they've seen.

After a couple minutes, JJ walks out, dropping the gold in front of the three girls, where Kie soon starts to melt it so they could pawn it. The others gathered around, watching as she worked. John B and Y/n sat side by side against a tree, the boy's arm wrapped around her as he placed kisses to her temple while she snuggled up against him.

Soon enough, the six all got into the campervan, making their way to the pawn shop. Once making it to their destination, all of them hop out, where John B grabs his girlfriend's hand as they listened to JJ complain about his part in the plan. He stops, however, when his sister pushes him inside, the others following in suit.

"Afternoon, ma'am." Y/n greets the shop keeper.

"Afternoon." The woman greets back.

The Maybank siblings walk to the front desk, silently exchanging a small look. Meanwhile, the other four teenagers all walk around, making sure to stick close by so they could hear the conversation between the three.

"I see you buy gold." JJ observes.

"That's what the sign say, don't it?" The woman fires back.

"Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because we're about to blow your mind." JJ informs.