21: 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎

The five Pogues found themselves in the Wreck together as John B sat beside his girlfriend, both of them explaining that John B was staying with the Cameron's. As they explained, Kiara didn't like that idea one bit, not wanting to deal with Sarah Cameron or any Kook in general. John B had been released from the hospital, which made the friends relieved he was at least alive.

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?" Kie asks.

"Tannyhill." John B repeats, pulling his girlfriend closer.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Kie states bluntly.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right?" John B informs. "And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't--"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope questions, interrupting the boy.

"I don't know, Pope." John B replies.

"What about those golf carts they get to drive around? You get one of them?" JJ asks.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one of those on your own?" Pope adds.

"Look, if you and Y/n wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you both know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah." Kie tells the young couple.

"Do you guys see her here?" Y/n questions, receiving no response. "No, right."

"Okay. So, a little focus would be fantastic." John B states. "We've got the map, right?"

"It's out of whack cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ comments, glancing down at the map.

"It's cause the coast has changed." Kie informs.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope states.

"What about the old forts?" Y/n suggests, sharing a look with John B.

"Battery Jasper." Kie says as she points at the location on the map.

***

After their conversation at the restaurant, the group of five left the Wreck, finding themselves on a hill at Battery Jasper. All of them looked ahead of them as Pope looked down at the map.

"We're in Battery, right here." Pope points out. "So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"Somewhere over there." Kie adds, pointing out in the distance.

Pope nods. "Right."

"Over there? Guy's, that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision." JJ informs.

"Tannyhill Plantation used to be the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time." John B explains.

Pope looks down at the map. "So we're just looking for an old stone wall."

Quickly, the five hopped back into the campervan, John B driving through the streets as Pope directs him where to go. Eventually, they stop in front of a stone wall, all of them hopping out, seeing the most feared house on the entire island was their location. The Crain house.

"Are you kidding me?" Kie comments.

JJ shrugs a shoulder. "Worst-case scenario."

"Why'd it have to be here... of all places?" Pope asks.

"I heard that Mrs. Crain buried her husband's head on the property." JJ tells them.

The group begin making their way into the grounds that belonged to the Crain house. For a moment, Y/n hesitates, thinking whether this was a good idea or not to come here. John B glances over his shoulder, seeing his girlfriend not following. Slowly, he walks back, grabbing her hand and giving it a squeeze. Quickly, they follow after their three friends.