Ch: 9 // Ep: 3

----

Olivia pulls the envelope out of the wall and stares at it. Honestly, Liv didn't believe about all of this 'message' and 'clues' crap but now, it has all changed. I mean an envelope in a tomb , that's gotta mean something.

She passes it to Pope through the tomb and climbs down with the help of Kiara. As soon as her feet set the floor, Kiara grabs her and hugs her tight, making Liv nearly fall of her feet.

"Woahh," She says, hugging her back.

"Well that's not gold," Pope sighs, handing it to John B.

"This is from my dad," John B gasps.

A vehicle approaches them and Olivia quickly turns around.

"Code red. Code red. Square groupers! Square groupers!" JJ shouts, noticing the car as well. 

They all started running while JJ shouts, "It's the guys who robbed your house,". They hide behind a stone wall, Olivia crouching next to JJ. 

"Turn off your lights," Liv grabs JJ's light that's shining brightly, making their hiding space known.

"You think thats them?" Kiara asks, Olivia shuts her eyes tightly. 

"Homies got a gun," JJ exclaims. 

"Screw this," Kiara mutters and stands up. She starts running towards the fence while Olivia shouts her name.

"Shit," Liv hisses, running after her. She hears the boys, following them.

Olivia reaches Kiara- grabs her hand- and jumps over the fence. They both pull eachother over and start running towards the van before they hear a scream come from one of the boys. They turn around and see pope stuck on the fence. Olivia lets out a laugh before running over to the squirming boy. JJ pulls out the gun about to shoot Pope's shorts but Olivia quickly pulls the gun out of his hands giving him a look that says wtf are you doing?  Finally, Kie rips Pope off the fence, his shorts still on the fence. 

"It's a little tootsie roll!" JJ exclaims, the rest of them laughing as they run to the van. They all hop into the van, and drive off, Pope trying to cover himself but failing miserably. 

----

"That bread had mold on it three days ago," Pope tells JJ, scrunching his nose in disgust. 

"I'll just pull off the bad parts," JJ says, putting peanut butter on the bread.

"Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural orgasm," Liv spits out her drink and quickly corrects the boy, "Organism,"

Kiara calls the pair over to them and John B stares at the package, longingly. 

"Hotdamn lets do it!" John B opens the package as JJ takes a bite into the sandwich, gags, and spits it out in Olivia's hand. Her face contorts in disgust and she runs to the bin and scrapes her hand clean of the sandwich. While Olivia is squirting a lot of hand sanitiser on her hand, John B pulls a map out of the package. 

"Oh X marks the spot," Pope points to the X in the map.

"Longitude, Latitude." He says, sliding his finger across the map, "Wait there's something else in here," He reaches for the package and pulls out a tape recorder.

"Whats that?" JJ asks.

"Its a tape recorder dumbass," Kiara replies. John b presses a button on it and Big John's voice comes out.

"Dear bird," His voice sends chills through Liv.

"Who's bird?"

"That's what my dad calls me," John B replies, he looks up at Liv with sad eyes. She puts on her best smile to try and comfort him.

"I hate to say 'I told you so' but i told you so. And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet,kid. I didn't expect to find the merchant either," The pogues look at eachother, faces filled with shock and sadness, "You were probably right to call me out. I wasn't father of the decade. What can i say, kid? I could smell the barn. And, hopefully, we're listening to this in our brand new sugar-shack down in costa rica, living off passive investments and pulling permits. If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons, well, thats what the maps for. There she is, the wreck of the merchant. If something happened to me, finish what I started. Go for the gold, kid. I love you bird even if i didn't always act like it. I'll see you on the other side...

The recording stops and the pogues stare at it in silence. John B gets up and walks to the end of the room grabbing the door frame for support. Olivia's heart breaks at the sight of him. As much as Big John's death hurt Liv, her pain was nothing like how John was feeling. 

"Holy shit, he did it!" JJ exclaims, obviously not reading the room.

"Can you... can you please?" Kiara whispers to JJ.

Olivia gets up from her seat and walks to John. She pulls her arms around him, and he grabs onto her shirt and buries his head into her shoulders. A loud sob comes out from his mouth and Olivia runs a comforting hand through his hair. 

----

Olivia stares up at the girl, sitting in between her legs as she strums the ukulele. Olivia looks at Kie's face, studying her features. Her dark skin, thick eyebrows, thin lips. Every inch of Kiara was perfect to Olivia and she could just stare at her for hours.

"How much was it again?" JJ asks. 

"500 mil," Pope replies and Liv whistles. 500 mil.

"Alright lets talk split," He says sitting up, "Now before we say 'evenly' may i remind you that im the only one that could properly defend us, "He holds up the gun, "from those groupers who were after us. Protection? Not cheap ok?"

"You haven't trained. You've done 0 training,"

"Youtube, bro!" JJ shouts, Liv scoffs at him, "Thats at least a 5% bump right there,"

Pope tries to interrupt but JJ quickly says, "Any objections? No i don't think so," Olivia and Kie quickly raise their hands.

"What are you gonna do with your 100 mil, Pope?" Kiara asks.

He hesitates before saying, "Pay for college in advance and also textbooks, they are very expensive."

"What bout you, Kie?"

"Yeah what does a socialist do when she's rich?" Pope mocks.

"Just wanna make a double album," She shrugs, looking down at Liv, "About OBX, the pogues. You know, the way Catch A Fire is about Kingston. Record it at Marley Studio, Peter Tosh producing."

"Peter Tosh is dead, you know," , "Peter Tosh is dead, I know," they say at the same time.

"Spirit of Peter Tosh will never die," She raises her drink then looks down at Liv.

"I wanna get out of here," She says, staring at the sky, "Maybe move to London, or France, and just start a new life,"

"What about us?" JJ pouts, taking a swig of his beer.

"You guys can come visit anytime you want," She smiles at them.

"I know what I am going do," JJ says, "I'm gonna get a big ass house on Figure eight and go full kook," Olivia rolls her eyes with a smile while Pope chuckles, "Your gonna go full kook?"

"Yup,"

"Gonna get a marble statue of myself, and then im gonna get a koi pond," The pogues laugh at him as he talks about his house.

"We are never visiting," She giggles looking down at Olivia. Liv shakes her head, a wide grin plastered on her face.

"What are you gonna do, JB?" Pope asks the boy, who was staring into the ocean.

He looks back at them and smiles, "To going full kook," They raise their cans and repeat the words. 

----