Ch: 6 // Ep: 2

----

"This is the north drain," JJ tells them, "It should've gotten washed into the gully. So if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to like-"

"Some where in this trash," Liv finishes with a sigh, her nose scrunching in disgust.

"Oh my god, people who use plastic should be shot," Kie scowls making Liv smile, proudly.

"Ok personally, I love plastic. Use it every day. Love the stuff," JJ says as he starts cleaning up the trash. Olivia walks down to the muddy pit and starts helping the two boys.

"Hopefully, you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean," Kie glared.

"Ah no you know he would never do that," Liv defends, "Because you would kick his ass if you found out. But... I thought you'd say something like that so..." She pulls out a bunch of black bags, "Trash bags."

"Did you just proactively save the environment?" Kiara grins, widely.

"Ok keep it in your pants, two," JJ scoffs and Liv throws the roll of bags at him.

"Just pick up the trash," She says. They spend the next 10 minutes cleaning it up; Every piece that Liv grabbed made her gag before putting it in the bag. Unfortunately, they had no luck with finding the gun.

"If it's not in the trash, then its gotta be in the storm drain," Pope states.

"It's in.. it's in the drain," JJ sighs.

"Damn it," Liv curses.

"Of course it is," Kiara groans.

"Good thing I brought the crow." As JJ fishes in his bag for the crow bar, Kie asks, "So, are we gonna do rock, paper, scissors?"

"No."

"or alphabetically?"

"Nah. On three, Pope. One, two, three." The pair cut the chain and Kie carries on, "Or, like, the oldest goes?"

"In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when your down there," JJ tells them, "It's gets into your blood and then it has to come out your pecker. So uh... thats a hard pass for me."

"Yeah thats gonna be a no for me," Pope agrees, stepping back.

"No we get it," Liv coos, "You guys are scared."

"No no Im not scared," JJ quickly splutters.

"Oh no, it's cute, guys," Kie adds.

"Its the pecker thing." "Im not scared." They both try to defend as the two girls laugh at them.

"You should've just led with that. You don't have to be scared," Kiara grins, "We'll do it."

"Yeah, its fine. We'll just save the day... again."

"Okay, just you know, be careful," Pope mutters.

"We'll be so careful," Liv smiles, slapping his cheek, lightly. She crawls through the hole first, Kie heading in after. 

"Just, uh, holler if you need anything, okay?" JJ calls after them, "We'll, uh, holler back."

"Great," Liv sighs, as she crawls through the mucky water.

"Very helpful... thank you." 

"Shit," Liv mutters as a small branch wacks her in the face. Kie laughs behind her and Liv stops abruptly so Kiara slams into the girls body.

"Ow," Kie mutters as Olivia chuckles.

"Guys, have you found anything yet?" Pope calls out, his voice echoing through the tunnel.

"Yeah do you not see the gun?" JJ asks.

"Nothing," Liv answers with a sigh.

"It's probably at the bottom of the catch basin," Pope tells them. The pair reach the catch basin which is filled with mucky water. Gagging with disgust, Liv crawls out the tunnel. She helps Kie down and the two stand in the water, nose scrunched at the garbage floating around them. They feel around the water, looking for the gun but only finding used soda cans.

"People are so shitty," Kiara sighs.

"Amen," Liv replies. Something touches the bottom of her leg and she starts to freak out, jumping up and wrapping her arms around Kie. Shaking her off, Kiara calls out, "Guys, I think I found something."

"Wait you got it?"

"You got the gun?" The two boys call out. Kiara pulls out the flesh of a dead animal and screams, "Liv! Oh my god!"

"Ew, what the fuck?! There's something dead in here!" Liv cries, scrambling away.

"Like a person?" Pope shouts back as the pair in the sewers scream.

"Dont touch it! Thats how you get worms!" JJ shouts.

"Did you find the gun?!"

"Is the dead person Gavin?!"

"I don't know!"

"Don't touch it!"

"Kie is it the gun? Do you guys have the gun?!"

"Of course we don't have the gun!"

"You guys owe us for life!" They all shout until Kie and Liv notice the water level rising. 

"Oh shit," Kie exclaims as the water rush down through the tunnels.

"Guys the water!" Liv shouts.

"Kiara, Liv! Get out of there now!" Pope yells.

"We don't have time!" Kie cries out, "Guys!" They try to climb up the ladder to escape the water and Kie bangs on the drain cover.

"Pope! JJ! Guys!" The pair scream, tears running down their face in fear.

Pope and JJ appear above them and grab their hands through the drain. 

"Guys pull!" Liv shouts pushing on the cover as the two boys pull. The water engulfs their body leaving only their heads above it.

"Guys! Please!" Liv weeps, pushing her mouth to the hole of the drain.

"We'll get you out of there we promise!" Pope reassures as JJ grabs his pocket knife to help.

"JJ! Pope!" Kie cries as the water increases.

"Shit!" JJ exclaims as his knife breaks and slips through the gaps. The two girls look at eachother with worry and grab their hands. With one last breath, water reaches the top, enabling the girls from breathing. Olivia struggles, her body fighting for every last bit of air. After a few seconds, the cover of the drain is lifted off and the girls pull themselves out. Gasping and spluttering, the pair lay on the road side.

"Olivia," JJ says, pulling her fully out of the drain while Pope does the same with Kie. 

"Are you okay?" Pope asks the girls and they cough and retch in response.

"You good?" JJ asks.

"Never better," Kie answers and then reaches into her back pocket and pulls out the gun.

"Was this what you're looking for?" She grins, making them all laugh in surprise.

"Oh my god," Pope says as JJ grabs his handkerchief and takes the gun out of Kie's hand.

"Holy shit," Liv exclaims.

"We're gonna get this son of a bitch," JJ beams, holding his hand out to help Liv up.

"You did it, Kie,"  Liv smiles, weakly, wrapping her arms around the girl.

"Mhm," Kie mutters in response and the two other boys join the hug. 

"Let's get this to Shoupe."

----