𝐒𝐈𝐗

JAMES BARNES

JAMES BARNES

I should've kissed her.

The constant teasing and subtle flirting made me do what I did tonight. I'm not ashamed of getting her pinned up against that ivory wall. I'm not. But, I am furious that we couldn't continue what we both obviously desperately want.

Her gentle hand on my wrist, pulling my fingers off her jaw ignited something in me. If she wants to push aside and ignore this growing feeling of lust and attraction then she'll be doing it all on her own.

I'm not going to stop whatever it is that she's making me feel.

Especially seeing her at the fountain tonight, made me realize I don't really know Sofía as much as I'd like to. Yes, we've both probably read up on each other's businesses (well I read up on her father's business), but I don't know her. Something seemed wrong tonight and I had hoped she would let down whatever guard she had up and let me know what was going on, but she didn't.

It was obvious the meeting with her father didn't go well. I almost forgot that happened until I walk back to the guest house. He reminds me of my own father; set in his own ways and would do anything to keep his business thriving. I'm assuming Sofía has had her own opinion on this matter and Máximos Castillo doesn't agree.

I've made it back to the front porch of the guest house and I can't keep shaking my head and hitting the wooden floor with small taps with my shoes, making sure it's not too loud to wake up Sam.

This girl is driving me crazy and we're supposed to be business partners. I saw the way she looked at me tonight before she pulled my hand away. Sofía knows exactly what she's doing to me, I know it.

Being here in her country... in her guest house is all too much for me. We still have the weekend here to discuss further work, but I'm not too sure I can last that long. Tonight gave me a clear indication of that.

The main reason Sam and I took so long in the city and didn't get back until past sunset was that I did not want to face Sofía. I wanted as much space as possible. Right before lunch, I was making my way with Sam stumbling along towards the main house to get lunch when I saw her on the balcony that wrapped around her level. The way the wind blew against her long, dark hair had me mesmerized.

Even during lunch, I couldn't take my eyes off her icy blue ones. The way her lips pursed over each bite of food, the way her eyes twinkled when she talked about something she was passionate about, and even her smile... The way she smiled and blushed anytime she caught me staring. I didn't give a shit if I was caught, she was too much not to look at.

Sam and I spent the afternoon getting to know a little history of the city we're in, San Miguel de Allende, and with Rogelio's pick of bodyguards, we were guided by Jose. He did his best to speak English and explain the city's history while we walked around. This city is known for its stunning architecture, well-preserved colonial sights, and thriving arts scenes. Sam and I definitely need to go back and sightsee after we're done with the business meetings we have planned.