𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

WARNING: 18+ Minors DNI

JAMES BARNES

The utter betrayal of Costel, and in a way Steve, has gotten my blood boiling for the next hour.

I clench my fists around the silk bed sheets, my jaw almost cracking as Olga slowly uses sterile tweezers to take out the bullet deep in my abdomen. The hole is small, but it still hurts like a bitch.

Luckily, it hit majority of muscle and was lodged right above my lower ribs. It didn't go deeper than that, but the impact did crack those surrounding rib bones and that's why I was feeling more pain as time went on as my adrenaline died down.

If it went any further, past my ribcage, I'd be done for due to internal bleeding. I should thank Steve for having a consigliere who doesn't know how to fucking aim. My guess is that he attempted to shoot me in the chest, or worse, in the head.

May his soul never rest in peace.

Sam, on the other hand, had perfect aim and did exactly what had to be done. He didn't have a lot of blood on his hands ever since he began working with me, I usually made my other men like Costel and Petre do the dirty work with me.

Sam was a good asset I didn't want tainted like the rest of my men. I made a mental note to check up on him after we finished tonight's agenda.

"You're lucky I'm able to take it out whole. You won't need a tetanus shot or have to go to the hospital," Olga states firmly as her gaze is fixed on my wound while I stare at her worried face.

The lines around her forehead are deep in concentration as she continues to dig carefully in the wound. I know the easy part is over, now I have to endure the sewing that will make me want to scream and thrash on the bed. Nothing like a needle tugging on your exposed flesh.

I brace myself as Olga does her best to clean the remaining area around the wound and then hands me a small towel. She lifts a tiny bottle that I finally realize is liquor and she uncaps it and hands it to me as well. I look at her and she nods, piercing her lips as she gathers the necessary tools to sew my wound up from the dresser a few feet away.

I nod my head and take a deep breath before I down the small bottle of liquor, pinching my brows in disgust as the cheap vodka goes down my throat. I see another bottle on the bed where Olga stood from and I take it and uncap it, downing it in a second.

I lick my lips and then place the small towel in my mouth, making sure there's enough thickness to bite down on when it's time. I hope to God the alcohol goes through my bloodstream quick enough to get this shit over with.

"Okay, James. I will try to do this quickly," Olga speaks up as she comes back towards the bed with a tray full of sterile tools, gloves, and gauze that I bother to not focus too much on. There was definitely a needle and medical thread on the tray in order to suture the wound closed.