𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

WARNING: 18+ Minors DNI

JAMES BARNES

-two weeks ago-

Blood boils in my body and I want to take my gun and put a bullet in his head. End this bullshit once and for all.

My eyes glance towards Costel, the one man in this room that I have the most questions for. I can see Sam shift in his seat uncomfortably continuing to not say a word. The silence is thickening and suffocates me.

My feet shuffle towards the table and I round the corner, taking a seat far from everyone at the head of the table. This wasn't something I was expecting; I was expecting Sam to be the only one here.

I wanted to tell him about my worries and doubts with some of the people who worked under me. I was having a lot of gut feelings that I needed to verbalize.

"What's going on? What are you doing here?" My voice is stern and Sam continues to keep his gaze on the table.

Steve has his consigliere with him this time, whom I've never met. His dark hair is short and he looks younger than us. His build is wide like he works out a lot, but he seems shorter than Steve and I. Thoughts of where Steve must've met him come to mind, but I push them away.

"I thought it'd be good for you guys to talk more," Costel rushes out. He leans towards the conference table, arms stretched out onto the table top. His hands clasp together and he attempts to meet my gaze but I continue to look at Steve and his partner.

A huff escapes from my lips and Steve's lips form a small smile almost hidden behind his hand that his chin is leaning on. Silence from both of our consigliere's don't help with the tension in the air.

Steve then twirls his chair a few inches to look at Costel and Sam. He pulls his hand from under his chin and points a finger at Costel. He tsks under his breath and shakes his head.

"Costel, tell your boss why you're here and why I'm here."

My eyes finally glance from my childhood best friend to my head security with furrowed brows. I'm dumbfounded that Steve even has to ask Costel such a question when Costel works for me and not Steve. The fact that I even have to wait for an answer is ridiculous. "Well?"

Costel clears his throat and taps the table with his clasped hands. "You two need to figure out your shit and stop letting it ruin your businesses." He takes a deep breath before continuing. "I have known you two all of your lives and also your fathers. This is not what they would have wanted... boss, you have this fantasy of being the main mafia in the States but that is just not feasible."

His words are slowly trickling into my ears and it takes a while for me to comprehend what he's attempting to say. Confusion fills my mind and I glance at Sam who is still looking at the table. I clear my throat and look at Steve who is nodding along with what Costel is saying.