𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

SOFÍA CASTILLO

-one month later-

The sun is glistening over the pool in bright rays and the water ripples with waves from the wind. Birds are chirping loudly in the trees and there's laughter in the distance.

Sam and James are seated in their pool chairs talking amongst themselves as I make my way towards them, a tray of drinks one of the workers gave me. The boys look up at me with wide eyes and big smiles.

"Strawberry mojitos," I call out as I close the distance and lean the tray towards them, eyeing James as he adjusts himself on the seat to reach for one of the glasses.

Sam picks up the one with the decorative umbrella and I place the tray on one of the nearby tables before taking a seat next to James who snakes his arm around my waist. I giggle as his fingers find a sensitive spot.

"Am I disrupting a possible honeymoon moment?" Sam jokes as he sits back in his lounge seat and takes a sip of his drink.

He's on his third novel this week as he opens the one he's working on now. I'm still curious if Valentina ever got him the bookcase in the guest house I asked a few weeks ago.

Sam has made himself well more than acquainted with our space and I don't mind. He's happy and doesn't seem as stressed as he does back in Chicago where he has more responsibilities.

"Shut up," James chuckles before pulling me closer to him, causing my drink to splash on his shorts. I widen my eyes and he laughs, leaning his head back.

"Lo siento mi amor," I exclaim but he just shrugs and keeps pulling me closer to him even though there isn't much more space between us.

I take a sip of the drink and close my eyes as I take in the flavor. Once I open my eyes I see James still staring and smiling.

"How did the meeting go with your father?" He asks swiftly, his eyes glancing at Sam quickly before going back to me.

I shrug and give him a small smile. "Bien. I plan to meet the rest of his workers and connections this week. Then I'll work on my other business and switch it to a completely online platform..."

It was Sam's idea, actually. Because I couldn't let that passion go and James and Sam knew that. James didn't want to push me to make a decision, so that's when Sam came up with the crazy idea that I should just work with clients from an online interface instead of in person. This would not only allow me to work with clients in San Miguel de Allende but also anywhere in the world.

"Good, sounds like everything is going to be perfect," James responds before sipping his drink again.

The past month has been hectic with meetings, flying back and forth from Chicago and here. I've been in a plane more times than I can count just this month alone. I was happy things were starting to settle down for our business partnership and that we'd be able to just focus on creating product, transporting it, and distributing it across the States through James.

We found a routine that worked for us. There was a short period of doubt where I didn't think we'd be able to figure out our placements in the partnership. Would we ever be able to just settle down in one place?

But our businesses need us both in our respective places. It wouldn't be fair to stay in one place until things were more established. Although I know Sam would gladly step up to handle things in Chicago if James wanted to spend more time here with me.

There was one doubt that crept in my mind with distance and having to focus on our side of the business partnership. It would just get more difficult the more I get accustomed to taking over my father's place and the demands. I wouldn't be able to travel as freely as I have been to Chicago.