𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

WARNING: 18+ Minors DNI

JAMES BARNES

The phone clicks off and I wait a few seconds to see if she'll call me again. But she never does. The time ticks slowly, forever stuck in my head. Second by second. My breathing grows shallow.

I pierce my lips and clench the phone in my hand a little tighter. Anger stirs within me and I attempt to breathe through it.

I clench my jaw and shake my head, throwing the phone on the bed. It falls face first onto the white sheets.

Sofía has no idea the shit that Steve is capable of. I need to find my way to her, but I was too fucking focused on figuring out where he was.

Turns out he was with her this whole fucking time. Who knows what kind of fuckery he was attempting while in her presence. My fists clench hard at just the thought of him close to her.

There's some kind of primal instinct taking over. It's animalistic and possessive. The need to get to her now fills my mind. Everything is clouded and all I see is her.

The leads from Tijuana weren't any good and Sam and I lost him briefly for a day. But, now I know exactly where he is.

I'm in the city of Guanajuato at a random hotel Sam and I were able to find. Sam is in the suite next door. I grab my phone again and send him a quick text to be ready to leave tomorrow morning for Sofía's. It's short and curt.

Within seconds I get a response from Sam with confirmation that he'll be ready, no questions asked.

I lay back in the bed and drum my fingers on my chest. I'll try to call Sofía in the morning and see if I can continue our conversation from tonight.

I need to know that she'll be safe while I'm here and while Steve is here.

I'm going to fucking kill him if he goes anywhere near her again.

I close my eyes for a brief second and let the thoughts of what I'd do to Steve fill my mind before I drift into a blissful sleep.

· ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── ·

The morning comes fast and I'm up by six am gathering my things and waiting for Sam in the lobby. I've decided to wear light grey slacks and a sheer button down short sleeve.

I watch Sam step out of the elevator in the hotel lobby and I give him a small nod as he closes the distance. He's wearing similar attire to mine with grey slacks and a beige button down short sleeve. He leans over to gather the leather duffle bag in my hand but I shake my head.

"Thanks, Sam, but I can carry it." I tell him and he nods.

"I was able to get in contact with Rogelio. He offered to pick us up and drive us back to the Castillo's."