𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

WARNING: 18+ Minors DNI

SOFÍA CASTILLO

James seems caught off guard all morning. He's distracted and mumbling words that I can't comprehend over breakfast.

There's a world of thoughts and scenarios through his icy blue eyes whenever I catch them over the table.

There's anger, confusion, but the one emotion I can't fathom he'd ever have in his eyes is... hurt.

After sitting in silence throughout breakfast, he finally speaks up that we have a meeting to attend before lunch. He won't elaborate when I ask or when Sam does.

This infuriates me. His fists are clenched on top of the table, rings glistening against the light fixture above us. He catches my glance and moves one hand to run it through his waves.

He looks... nervous.

But he won't elaborate and we won't push him.

Until we're alone in my bedroom.

After breakfast I stood up and looked at Sam, nodding my head at him and telling him I'd like to speak with James alone.

As we head towards the front of the home, he heads towards the office but I grab his elbow and mutter under my breath before pulling him up the flight of stairs until we're in my suite and I'm locking the door.

He stands in the center of the room, looking out of place. I smooth my hands over the sundress I opted for this morning. I kick off the nude sandals to feel the cold floor underneath.

"What's going on? Did something happen?" His brows are furrowed.

I shake my head and stride towards him. His eyes look at me intently before I'm inches away. His hands instinctively go for my waist and I stand my ground, keeping my hands at my sides.

"What meeting were you talking about?"

His eyes avert from me to, honestly anywhere else. He shifts his feet until he's a few inches away from me, dropping his hands from my waist. I furrow my brows and try to read him. But his face is expressionless and he's back to the stone cold man I've seen many times before.

"It's nothing serious. It'll be quick and then we can resume our business." He runs his hands through his hair again before beginning to pace the room. He heads for the French doors and pulls them open, allowing the sun to cast into the room and the slight wind to ruffle his clothes.

He looks breathtaking even if I can only see his back. I shuffle my feet towards him and wrap my arms around his waist from the back. My cheek leans against his back and the muscles underneath ripple from the touch. He smells good and I close my eyes, taking in a deep breath.

His body tenses from my hold for a while before he finally relaxes.

"I'll be here if you want to talk to me or you just want to sit in silence. I'm good at both." I tell him, my words muffled with his shirt.