forty-five | still found a way

WITH THE TAPE being brought to the police, they had everything they needed to arrest Rafe and Ward

WITH THE TAPE being brought to the police, they had everything they needed to arrest Rafe and Ward. It was finally a victory for the Pogues as the boys drank and celebrated at John B's. Carson was just as relieved as they were, but she could tell that Sarah wasn't as much in a mood to celebrate.

"Ladies and gentleman, Ward, Cameron, King of the Kooks, is going to jail!" JJ screamed from inside the house.

"Goodbye! Goodbye!" John B laughed. Carson glanced over at Sarah and saw the conflicted look on her face, which Kiara seemed to notice as well.

"Do you regret it?" Kiara asked.

"No," Sarah said. "He deserves all of it, and I know that."

"But he's still your dad," Carson said. She in no way felt bad for Ward for what was happening but she still understood why Sarah was feeling how she was. The amount of disappointment and betrayal was palpable.

"I'm sure it sucks to be in the middle," Kiara said. Sarah's phone started ringing so she picked it up to see that it was Topper calling. She stood up to take the call, which left Kiara and Carson. "How are you doing with all of this?"

"I don't know," Carson admitted. "Ward is getting what he deserves and John B is in the clear, but something still doesn't feel right, you know?" She couldn't really figure out how she was feeling because just like Sarah, she felt this weird pit her stomach about the whole situation. Maybe it was just the knowledge that her father was capable of such horrible things that was eating at her. It felt like a mixture of shame and anger.

"Yeah, I know," Kiara said. Carson glanced up when Sarah walked back over to them.

"They're going to arrest him now," she said. "We have to go." They all loaded into the van as John B rushed to the Cameron house. Cop cars flooded the roads as they made their way to take Ward into custody.

"Oh my God. Can you please hurry?" Sarah said. "I need to be there for Wheezie."

"You think I wanna miss this?" John B said. Carson completely understood John B's side in this and hated Ward for what he had done to them and to Big John, but she also didn't think he had to rub it in Sarah's face when she was clearly struggling. It's why Carson just stayed quiet with the whole thing because she didn't know what to say that would make either side okay. None of it was okay.

After Sarah found Wheezie and made sure that she stayed inside during the whole thing, they ran out to the docks where Ward was standing on his boat while the police tried to convince him to just turn himself in.

"Dad!" Sarah called out.

"What are you doing here, Sarah?" Ward screamed.

"Dad! What are you doing?" she yelled.

"Vic, you gotta get her out of here!" Ward told Shoupe. "She can't be here right now!"

"Just come on in, and you- you can talk to her!" Shoupe said.