six | this time

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU GUYS DO?" John B's voice woke Carson up the next morning

     "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU GUYS DO?" John B's voice woke Carson up the next morning. "My bathroom is soaked." Carson groaned from her pounding hangover headache. John B continued to stand over them as she slowly sat up in his bed. "Are you wearing my shirt, Car? And why are you guys in my bed?" A thought popped into his head and a giant smile formed on his face. "Wait, did you guys-"

"Please don't even finish that sentence or my ears will bleed," she immediately cut him off. Though, she could feel that her cheeks were burning up. She just hoped they couldn't notice. "JJ threw me into your shower. And then my shirt was wet so I borrowed one of yours."

"He threw you into my shower? That's my boy," John B teased, leaning over to fist bump JJ who was proudly smirking with his hands tucked behind his head, which just made his muscles flex and made Carson's cheeks turn redder.

"Oh my God, you guys are children," she said, throwing a pillow at the two of them before climbing out of bed. It was no big deal that her and JJ had crashed on John B's bed together as it wouldn't have been the first time that it had happened. But for some reason, this time it felt different. Carson had no idea why, but she couldn't shake the weird feeling that was in the pit of her stomach. Just as she was about to rush out of the front door, it opened and she almost collided into Kiara. "Shit, sorry, Kie." Kiara laughed at the look on Carson's face. She looked frazzled and confused.

"You okay, Car?" she asked with a smile.

"Yeah, the dumbasses were just harassing me," Carson explained.

"Ah," Kiara said with a head nod, knowing plenty about what that was like.

"Look, I'm sorry about last night," Carson said, feeling like she had to acknowledge the situation. "I know JJ won't apologize for what he did, so I'll do it for him." Kiara sighed, shaking her head.

"You shouldn't have to apologize for him. What he did was on him," she insisted.

"I thought Pope was going to have a heart attack," Carson said playfully.

"So did I," Pope's voice behind her made her jump as she hadn't seen him come in. "Where's John B and JJ?"

"Inside," Carson said before opening the screen door to yell into them. "Aye, Kie and Pope are here. Stop jerking each other off and come outside!" Kiara laughed, throwing her arm around Carson's shoulder. She loved the boys, but she was grateful she had Carson to help keep them in check.

JJ was out first but it took John B a couple more minutes to do the same. 

"Look, I'm callin' it off. Alright?" he said when he finally met outside with them. "Peterkin said if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS."

"And you believed her?" JJ said.

"Yes, I believe her, JJ," John B said.

"An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop," JJ reminded him. It was funny because most people expected a cop would tell the truth, but JJ was skeptical. He had too many bad experiences, but then again he also was to blame for most of them.