fifty-one | never forget that

TAKING KIARA'S dad's truck had been a lot easier than Carson expected

TAKING KIARA'S dad's truck had been a lot easier than Carson expected. Well, at least physically. She could tell that Kiara wasn't feeling the best about it, but it was more about the fact of how her relationship with her parents was strained recently. All she wanted them to do was accept who she was, but they didn't agree with her lifestyle or the people she chose to hang out with.

JJ pulled up to the Chateau and hopped out of the truck to get what they needed.

"It's in the surf shack. I'll be right back," he told them. Carson watched as he ran and immediately fell to the ground as he tripped over his own feet. "I'm okay!" She rolled her eyes with a laugh as she leaned back in her seat.

"I'm sorry about everything that's going on with your parents right now," Carson said. Kiara shrugged and ran a hand through her hair.

"Yeah, it sucks, but sending me to boarding school is not going to change who I am," she said.

"Well, my mom can always adopt you if you want," Carson joked in a light-hearted manner. "She loves the boys." Kiara laughed and nodded her head.

"Might have to take you up on that," she said. Carson leaned forward to try to see where JJ was as she didn't think it would have taken that long to find the winch.

"What is that dumbass doing that's taking so long?" she said. "I'm gonna go check on him, make sure he didn't fall again and crack his head open or something." Carson jumped out of the car and made her way over to the surf shack. As she got closer she could hear another voice. At first she didn't recognize it until she turned the corner to see Luke holding JJ as he yelled at him.

"Oh, hell no." She rushed forward and gave him a hard shove. The only reason she was able to actually accomplish anything was because she was so pissed and he hadn't been expecting it, but it was probably comical to see considering she was so small compared to him. As he tried to catch his footing, she grabbed the closest thing near her, which ended up being a crowbar, and raised it, ready to hit him with it if needed.

"Woah, Car!" JJ yelled, running forward to stop her from doing something stupid.

"Watch where you swing that thing, little girl," Luke said with a laugh.

"Shut up," she snapped. "What the fuck do you want?" The last time that she had actually seen him it had been a weird interaction considering he was friendly but that was only because he had been drugged out of his mind and didn't know what was going on. The only thing that Carson could see when she looked at Luke were the bruises that he left on JJ.

"My boy's getting me off the island," he said, turning his threatening gaze to JJ. "Ain't that right?" Carson looked over at JJ, who looked just as conflicted as he always did when Luke was involved.

"JJ?" He couldn't look her in the eyes when she said his name and that was enough to let her know his answer. He grabbed Luke by the shirt and pushed him forward. Carson stormed after them as they walked to the truck. She wasn't mad at JJ necessarily because she knew that he felt like he had no choice. Rather, she was mad at Luke because he made JJ feel like he had no choice.