nine | to going full kook

CARSON WAS RELIEVED when John B had picked them up again later on

     CARSON WAS RELIEVED when John B had picked them up again later on. The lighthouse had pretty much been a bust, but apparently he had gotten something out of it. So, then again, maybe it wasn't a complete bust.

"You mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. I'm just gonna lay low. Oh, did you want a hit of this?" JJ said as he held up a joint to Pope.

"I keep the signal clear," he said.

"I'll take a hit," Carson said, reaching behind the seat to snag the joint from him. A little relaxation was not going to hurt.

"And that's why Carson's my favorite," he said. She laughed as she puffed out, letting the smoke float up to the ceiling of the van. "Now Pope. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative? If you got creative, then-"

"Look, I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, alright?" John B interrupted. "And pretty much wrong about everything else going on. But I was right about one thing, okay? My dad is trying to tell me something." 

Carson passed the joint back to JJ and sat back in her seat. She wasn't sure what to think anymore about the whole thing, but she was willing to go along with it because it was important to John B. When he pulled up to the cemetery though, she was skeptical.

"You can't be serious," she said. He shrugged. She sighed before hoping out of the van with the rest of them. 

"This place is scary," Kiara commented as they walked through the darkness. "John B, what are we doing?"

"You know how you're trying to remember a song and you can't remember who sings it?" he said. "So, Redfield. This whole time I thought it was a place, right? But it's not a place." He held his light up to show the name written in the stone. "It's a person. See, my great-great-grandmother, Olivia... Redfield. That was her maiden name."

They pushed against the door but it wouldn't budge. It was just way too heavy. Carson jumped back when she heard the hiss of a snake. 

"That's a moccasin, all right," JJ said. "Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass!" He started barking at it like a dog. He looked ridiculous, but none of them were really in the mood to laugh at his stupidity. They certainly didn't want to be heard either.

"JJ, shut up!" Kiara screamed. 

"You're gonna wake the frickin' dead, man," Pope said.

"They're afraid of dogs," JJ explained. "Everyone knows that." As the rest of them started arguing because JJ kept barking and insisting there were going to be more, Carson and Kiara took the time to examine the door.  

"I can fit," Carson said to her before looking at the others. "Guys, I can get through."

"What if there's other snakes in there?" JJ pointed out.