seventy-nine | without thought

THE SOUND OF DINGING woke JJ and Carson up that next morning

THE SOUND OF DINGING woke JJ and Carson up that next morning. After the chaos that John B left in his wake at the Carreras' party, they headed back to his to crash for the night. They were all tired from the fighting they had to do on Neville's boat and their bodies were feeling it.

"Should we say anything?" JJ mumbled, referring to John B standing and ringing the bell the same way that Big John would to call him back home.

"Nah, he'll come to us," Carson said. She let out a big yawn and rubbed her hands into her tired eyes in an attempt to wake herself up. She pulled her feet up to her chest and leaned over onto JJ on the couch, and he automatically threw his arm around her shoulders. The two of them just knew each other like the back of their hands so it was moments like this that made them realize how compatible they truly were and it was almost a bit funny to think about the denial that occurred at the beginning of their relationship, as if they weren't meant to be together this whole time. All of their moves were without thought, just based on instinct.

"It's something about the dude's face, you know? Like the whole, 'no hard feelings, bro'. You know what I'm saying?" John B said. He was finally getting his venting out about the Topper situation which neither of them could blame him for.

"'No hard feelings.' It's kinda hard not to have hard feelings about that," JJ said. "If Car ever did that to me-"

"I never would," Carson stated. "Let's get that straight first."

"I know, but I'm saying, if you did, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to hold myself back either," JJ said. "Topper had it coming." Carson shrugged. She's not sure he necessarily deserved to be knocked unconscious but he did deserve some kind of consequence. She just remembered the anger she felt when she had thought there was something going on between JJ and Kiara and that didn't even turn out to be true. If it had, she imagined her rage would have been similar to John B's.

"It's just that... that look. That Kook look, you know?" John B said.

"It was clear provucation," JJ said.

"Provocation," John B and Carson corrected him.

"Provocation, and uh, I mean, you had to what you had to do. No choice about it," he said.

"Did you talk to Sarah?" Carson suggested.

"No choice," John B said, clearly throwing that option out the window. "Anyway, we gotta figure out a plan to get to South America, like, yesterday. I mean, they've got my dad."

"You have any food real quick, though?" JJ asked.

"Not a bad question," Carson said. She was trying to figure out the last time they had a proper meal and she's not sure she could even remember.

"So I was thinking passports. We don't have those. Therefore, we can't fly commercial," John B continued. "We need other ideas."

"Okay, well, don't you got the money you took from Portis?" JJ said.