eighteen | only here for the gold

THE GIRLS HADN'T GIVEN THE BOYS THE SATISFACTION of knowing that their stupid plan had actually worked

     THE GIRLS HADN'T GIVEN THE BOYS THE SATISFACTION of knowing that their stupid plan had actually worked. In reality though, Carson was actually kind of glad it did. She still didn't particularly like Sarah, but it was obvious how much she cared for John B and that she was trying to make things right, so she was wiling to give her a chance. It was the same chance she was willing to give John B. She still felt betrayed that he had agree to stay with the Camerons, but she would stick through the plan for the gold. Besides, it wasn't just about him or about her. They all needed this. 

John B had opened up the van door to let the others out so they could search under the Crain house. Just before they could jump out though, he stopped them.

"Wait, wait, wait," he said. "I wanna say thank you guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight." He finished it by looking at Carson, needing her to know that he meant it especially to her. He honestly hadn't really expected her to show up after everything, but the fact that she had meant everything to him. Besides JJ, she had been his friend for the longest and they had more of a family bond than anything. That meant that they sometimes fought like siblings, but they would also always be there for each other in the end.

"Always," Kiara said.

"Of course, man," Pope agreed.

"I'm only here for the gold," Carson said. John B looked over at her again. For a moment he thought she was serious until her lips turned into a smile, showing that she was here for more than just the gold. He smiled back, feeling a giant sense of relief that she was by his side again.

"Alright, we done with this circle jerk?" JJ said. "Can we go do this?"

"Let's get that wheat in the water," Pope said. 

"Weed? I'm up for weed," JJ joked.

"You're always up for weed," Carson pointed out.

"Wheat. I said wheat," Pope said. Carson hadn't been there the first time when they had discovered where the gold was. The Crain house was intimidating during the day time, but at night it was even worse.

"Have you heard the stories about this place?" Carson said quietly.

"Oh, we heard all right. JJ made sure of that," Pope replied.

"Just making sure you knew what kind of psycho lives in there," she said. Just as she said that, the lights on the house turned on. "Shit!" They all ducked down to avoid being seen.

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights," Pope said. 

"We could, uh, move really slowly, maybe?" JJ suggested.

"That's not how it works."

"Oh, shit. Let's throw a rock at it," John B said. 

"That's a really good idea actually. Let the axe murderer know that we're here," Kiara said.