41.

"I won't be home for supper Kie." I yell from my room.

"How come?" She asks.

"I'm going to Rafe's." I say.

"Oh, okay." She says. I roll my eyes and finish getting ready.

Rose told me to dress up but that's a bit harder for me because I don't have much option. Everything Rafe bought me is a little inappropriate for a family dinner.

I decided on a black wrap dress. It covers most of my body, but it shows off my boobs more than I'd like. I know Rafe will like it and part of me wants to wear it for that reason only.

I curled my hair for tonight, just to look presentable. I managed to do pretty decent looking eye makeup as well.

"You look pretty." Kie says when I meet her in the kitchen.

"Thank you." I smile.

"Almost like a kook."

"Yeah well I'm only dressed like this because it's a formal thing." I shrug. "It won't be on for long."

"I'm going to take the car tonight okay?" I say.

"Sure." She nods.

Kie and I share my car that my parents left me when they took off, we hardly use it though. We try to use our bikes more or walk to save money.

"Well I'm going now, I'll see you tomorrow." I say.

"Bye." She mumbles.

I grab the keys from the hook and walk to the car. I'm nervous but excited for tonight. I've never had dinner with the whole family before but we get along well enough for it not to be awkward.

When I get to the door I decide to knock instead of just walk in, I don't know why but it feels like the right thing to do.

"Cassie! Goodness you didn't have to knock." Rose says when she opens the door. "You look lovely."

"Thank you." I smile. "I hope I'm not late, Rafe didn't really tell me a time to come."

"You're just in time. Rafe and Wheezie are in the dining room." She says and I nod.

I walk into the living room, heals clicking loudly against the floor.

"I hate you." Wheezie says.

"No you don't." Rafe says.

"Hi guys." I smile when I turn the corner.

Rafe turns his head, mouth dropping the second his eyes meet mine. I hide my blush when I see Rafe adjust his pants.

"Close your mouth god." Wheezie says and I giggle.

Rafe stands up and walks toward me with a serious face.

"Come with me." He says, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the room.

He stops when we enter the living room.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"You look really hot." He says.

"Thanks." I smile.

"Too hot." He mumbles.

"Is that a bad thing?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"No." He licks his lips. "I just don't know how I'll make it through dinner."

"I'm sure you'll manage." I say.

"Dinner!" Rose yells.

"Come on." I say, grabbing Rafe's hand. I pull him behind me, making sure to swing my hips a little more than usual because I know for sure he's looking at my ass.