48

"Wow." I say as we move slowly around the house. "This is so nice."

"I know, I seen it last night."

"Last night?"

"Yeah, I was looking at this place for a while. I know the guy who's selling it and I told him to wait to put it publicly for sale. I had Topper and Kelce over here last night looking at it."

"Wait really? So how long did you know about this place?" I ask. I feel relieved knowing he was here last night.

"About two weeks maybe." He shrugs. "I wanted to wait a little longer to ask you but Tony wants this place gone."

"Oh." I say. "So this has to be a fast decision."

"Yeah, I mean I want the house anyway. I will probably buy it even if you don't want to stay with me."

"Oh okay." I say. That puts a lot less pressure on me. Even if I don't want to permanently move, I can still go back and forth like we do now.

"But I would like it if you did move in, officially." He says.

"I will think about it, but I will stay with you until I decide. I think before we make any huge decision, we should give this a trial run, you know, to see if we can even stand living with each other right now." I say, half jokingly.

"Okay. That's fair." He chuckles. "I know that I want to live with you."

"I really think I want to live with you too. I just have a lot more to think about. I already have a house and I don't know how Kie will feel about all of this."

"Never mind Kie, if she wants to stay at your house then that's fine. It can be her house, meaning you don't pay any bills there anymore. Or she can move in with the guys, or back with her parents."

"She wouldn't move back with her parents. She'd live in a box before she did that."

"Well Kie isn't your responsibility, that's what I'm trying to say. You're an adult, you're going to have to move away from each other at some point."

"I know. I just know how Kie acts." I sigh.

"I know. I've learned to ignore her though." He says.

"It's easier for you. She's supposedly my best friend."

"We will figure something out." He says.

I nod before he pulls me close to his chest. I take another look around the house and can't help but smile against his soft t-shirt. I really want to live here.

***

"Are you sure we can stay here all this time?" I ask Rafe.

"Yes, it's fine. Nobody else is seeing the house. We won't leave the place in a mess."

Rafe and I have been sitting on the floor of this house for almost three hours. The sun is about to set and we have a pizza delivery on the way. Rafe is pouring up some wine that he brought with him.

As I sit on the floor, I can't help but watch every movement Rafe makes. He's been so romantic and kind lately, it makes me so excited to see what the future holds for us.

*** FLASH FORWARD TO THE FUTURE ***

"Daddy?" Elle says as she leans over the back of the couch, pointing to Rafe pulling up in the driveway in the Rover.

"Yes, that's daddy. Go to the door and give him a hug when he comes inside." I say.

She rolls her small body off the leather couch and runs across the room to the front door.