007. GROCERY DELIVERIES

The siblings and Pope stand on the dock, looking through the camera at John B and Kie who are in the water and they're testing the drone out.

"What's this right here?" JJ asks, going to touch a knob, but Pope smacks his hand.

"Don't touch that. I'm trying to work this thing out." Pope says.

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man." JJ says. "What would we do without you to control the drones?"

"You'd probably break it." Cordelia mutters, earning a glare from JJ and she innocently smiles at him.

"Technically, it's not a drone. It's an ROV." Pope corrects.

"Stop it. Stop it. It's too early for that right now." JJ tells him.

"Hey, look, once we get footage of the wreck,  we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B says.

"It's such bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" JJ asks.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up." Pope says.

"I know, I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro." JJ says.

"Well, as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." John B says.

"How do you know all that?" Kie asks.

"Cause my dad said it, like, a million times." John B says.

"Yeah, that's fair." Kie says, swimming to the dock and using the ladder to get out of the water.

"This tether is, like, really long." Pope says. "In the wrong weather, this thing could get pushed around."

"Then we'll go at dead calm." John B says.

"At slack tide?" Kie asks.

"So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather." Pope says. "And today is not that day." Cordelia looks up at the sky, seeing the dark, stormy clouds filling the sky as she hears a rumble of thunder in the distance.

+++

"You kids get these groceries over to Figure Eight." Mr. Heyward orders, giving Pope a few bags of groceries. "Get straight back here when you're done. No fishin'. I promised delivery by this afternoon."

"Rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons of..." Mr. Heyward stops when he turns back to find JJ with his arms out. "Aw, JJ, thank you." He gives the blonde some groceries. "Sons of bitches."

"Right." Pope nods.

After getting all the groceries, Pope started driving the boat towards Figure Eight.

"It doesn't even look like the storm hit there." Pope says, looking at a giant house.

"That's because they got generators, bro. Get used to it." JJ says. "And then they say the juice will be out all summer at the cut."

"It's nice to be a kook." Pope mutters.

"Lucky bastards." JJ comments.

+++

The three separated, knowing it'd take less time to deliver groceries if they split up. Pope and Cordelia met up after she got hers done so she's now helping him.

Fletcher is playing golf with Topper and Rafe. He's reluctantly there, the boys' mom forcing Fletcher to tag along in order to get out of the house more. Golf isn't the most boring thing to Fletcher, but it's not his favorite past time. Nor is being in the presence of his asshole brother and Rafe.