CHAPTER 004 【REVISED】

UPON REALIZING THAT Tsukishima is already aware of Walter's abilities, Daichi expresses delight. His smiling demeanor suggests that he finds comfort in these familiarities, viewing them as potential points of strength among the team's collective attributes.

"Oh, it appears you know each other! That's even better, Tsukishima," said Daichi with a smile.

Daichi approaches Tsukishima directly as he expresses his approval and suggests that familiarity between team members is advantageous in the game's competitive setting.

Tsukishima's initial skepticism regarding Walter's inclusion as a teammate is quickly dispelled by Daichi's assurances of familiarity and cooperation capabilities.

"Tsukishima, Walter will be your new teammate this time. I'm sure you three will work well together."

"Should I team up with Yamaguchi and Walter against Kageyama?"

"Haha, no need to fret, Tsukishima. We've got your back!" Daichi says as he gives a reassuring smile.

Daichi further suggests that Tsukishima be partnered with Yamaguchi and the other teammates to face off exclusively against Kageyama. This suggestion appears to intrigue and amuse Daichi, who seems slightly embarrassed by the suggestion for Tsukishima.

"I know it's a bit tough, but Tanaka is a second year, and his skills are definitely better than yours."

Despite the differences in their levels of proficiency in volleyball, Daichi indicates his confidence in Walter and Tsukishima ability to be an effective teammate due to their shared attributes and height.

"Even so, there's no other option because there are only a few students interested in joining the volleyball club this year. You and Walter have a height advantage, after all."

"It's okay! Just listen to Daichi-senpai. Let's warm up, Tsukishima. And you are?"

Walter pretended to have not recognized Yamaguchi previously and instead expressed his ignorance and showed intrigue regarding the player's identity.

"Yamaguchi Tadashi." Yamaguchi responds with a nervous yet polite attitude, introducing himself as expected and following the instructions to warm up with the rest of the group.

The whistle sounded on both sides of the courts. As the match begins, Walter's opponent Tsukishima appears to feel a degree of discomfort due to the intensity and threat that Walter's presence imposes.

A sense of anticipation fills the air on Kageyama's side of the court as he eagerly prepares to compete against Walter and prove his worth to himself while also acknowledging their previous confrontation.

The match is about to begin, and the two players appear to have very different mentalities and attitudes as they stare across from one another.

Left court:
Walter von Schonkorf, Tsukishima Kei, and
Yamaguchi Tadashi.

Right Court:
Kageyama Tobio, Hinata Shoyo, and Ryunosuke Tanaka.

As Yamaguchi initiates the match with an easy serve, Tanaka receives the ball with ease, as expected.

Tsukishima appears composed and prepared as he takes his position and eagerly prepares to counter and block the spike that is likely to come his way.

On the opposing side, Kageyama appears to feel anxious as he prepares to confront the opponent who left such a deep impression on him in the past. The familiar feeling of pressure is creeping in as he becomes overwhelmed with memories of his previous encounters against Walter.

Being a seasoned player, Kageyama looks over Walter's team, trying to detect even the most minute of flaws that could be exploited.

However, it appears that Walter is aware of his actions and is smiling at him smugly, as if he had discerned Kageyama's strategies and already anticipated his movements.