CHAPTER 028

THE ATMOSPHERE IN THE Sendai City Gymnasium was buzzing with excitement as everyone waited eagerly for the start of the qualified league finals. People streamed into the building, all eager to grab the best seats and witness the exciting games that were about to take place. The venue, which was usually used for smaller events, had been transformed into a volleyball arena, with rows upon rows of chairs set up around the court.

A swarm of staff members rushed around, setting up cameras and other equipment, making sure that everything was in place for the big day. The court itself was littered with lines and markers, denoting the serving areas and scoring zones, along with other important parts of the game.

As the spectators made their way to their seats, the players from all of the different teams were busy warming up, practicing their moves, and getting ready for the big day. Shitorizawa High School, who had been the previous champions of the Miyagi Prefecture, were surrounded by a large crowd of supporters, all cheering them on and offering words of encouragement

The match between Karasuno and Shiratorizawa was one of the most highly anticipated games of the entire qualified league, with both teams considered to be some of the strongest in the entire in Miyagi Prefecture.

Karasuno had emerged victorious from their previous matches, taking down opponents such as Aoba Johsai and Date Tech. However, Shiratorizawa had also proven to be a formidable force, dominating their matches and taking down anyone who stood in their way.

As the players from both teams stepped onto the court, the atmosphere grew even more intense, with the audience eagerly cheering them on. With all eyes now on the volleyball court, the game was officially underway, with both teams giving it their all and fighting for their spot in the national competition. It was sure to be a battle for the ages, as both teams vied for victory and a chance to represent their prefecture on the national stage.

Shiratorizawa High School had long been a dominant force in Miyagi Prefecture, winning the national championships year after year with their unrivaled strength and skill. Their powerful reputation and undefeated streak had established them as one of the most feared teams in all of Miyagi Prefecture, with opponents from other regions often wary of even challenging them.

But the tides were beginning to shift, as a promising young team from the same prefecture seemed to be on the rise. Karasuno High School, too, had once dominated the regional scene, defeating opponents with their own formidable prowess and establishing a strong reputation. They had even managed to reach the national championships, where they fell short of victory but proved themselves worthy contenders.

However, tragedy struck when their legendary coach was forced to step down due to illness. The team's strength began to falter with the loss of their mentor, and their glory gradually dissipated over time.

Now, with Shiratorizawa High School once again preparing for a national tournament run, they found themselves facing a familiar rival, Karasuno High School. Despite their recent decline in strength, the members of Karasuno were still determined to prove themselves on the court, hoping to reclaim the respect and reputation they once held.

But their journey was not without challenges, as they struggled to find their footing on the court and reconnect with their lost sense of teamwork. The road to recovery was long, and they knew they would need to overcome tremendous obstacles to reclaim their former glory.

Still, they refused to give up, driven by their unwavering passion for the game and their determination to prove themselves as one of Japan's top teams. It was a long road ahead, with many challenges to overcome, but Karasuno High School was not about to give up without a fight.

Fallen powerhouse】【 Flightless ravens.】

This year, they were assigned to Group A, where two strong group gather. In this group, there are not only the top four in Prefecture. There is one group who often reaches the finals, which is Aoba Johsai.