Chapter 1

Hello my little readers, so for this part, it's still her past. It's continuing after she blacked out from her fall. It probably would've been better if I put it with the prologue, but I decided not to, hope it's not to confusing. ENJOY!!!!

That morning

When I awoke from the sun hitting my eyes, all my pain retuned. I looked down at my body and automatically blushed. I was naked. And that's when the memories of last night returned.

So much death. So much fire. It was all to much.

I hastily got to my feet and started to shift so that I wouldn't be naked anymore.

My bones began to crack and shift, fur started to sprout from my body, and a snout formed.

The process didn't hurt as bad as it did last time, but it was still painful.

When I was fully shifted, I began to hike up the hill.

From where I was at I could smell the smoke of my village. I already knew it was all gone, but I couldn't think that. There could be injured survivors there.

But, there was only one thing that was racing through my mind. A promise I made last night.

I had to bury mother.

Just the thought of her death made tears prick my eyes. It wasn't fair. She was one of the only pack members that didn't care I was different. And now, she was gone.

I shook the thought from my head and continued to climb. When I reached the top of the hill I immediately paused. The whole forest was quiet. Usually there would be birds chirping by now. But there was no sound.

None.

I began to walk up the path to the village.

The trail I was on had dozens of footprints. I could tell which ones were the rogues' and which ones were Paige's just by looking at them.

Paige.

She was somewhere out there. Either dead or suffering. And it was all my fault.

More tears threatened to spill, but I held them back.

Come on Willow, get a hold of yourself. She's alive...Paige is alive...

As I continued, the smell of smoke got stronger, and the memories of screams filled my head.

I forced myself to keep going, even though my legs were aching and the memories were painful. But all I could think about was that I wanted to get to the village fast.

I came to a halt when I heard rustling in a bush.

A rogue?

I got into fighting position and started to growl.

'If it's a rouge, kill it. After all it did to us! It should suffer!' Looks like my wolf was still active.

'I promise I will, don't worry.'

Before I knew it, a red fluffy ball jumped from the bush.

I ducked as it flew over my head. The thing was crazy!

I turned to face it. But it wasn't what I expected it to be.

A fox.

I could see fear in it's eyes, most likely because I looked so threatening. So I did the simplest thing I could, I stopped growling.