Chapter 27

Sooooooo...there's been stuff that's been going on in the comments, and I just wanted to say that you're all beautiful....soooooo, uhhh yeah. So, no more sassy malassy.

Willow's POV

"Riley?"

My mate held me in his arms while we sat on the ground, looking at me with eyes that have gone on without several nights of sleep. A midnight shadow now took over his jaw, defining his face with a snarl that I just wanted to make vanish.

"You idiot." He muttered. "Why did you run away?"

"T-to help the pack. Nick said that-" I breathed. Being this close to him made my heart race. I couldn't even finish my statement.

"Enough with Nick!" Riley growled as he stood up, taking me in his arms. "I swear I'll kill him! Two weeks with you gone? Do you know how much pain I've endured? When I see him, his-"

I cupped his cheek and his features softened. Instead of a wolf's expression, I saw a lost puppy.

"I left by choice, Riley. I didn't want what happened to Heaven to happen to you."

"Why are you defending him?"

I shook my head. "I'm not. I just don't want anymore bloodshed because of me."

He began carrying me, like he did when we first met, out of my dead pack. "You obviously have no idea what has been going on, do you?"

I shook my head as we entered the forest. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"The rouges are still attacking us Willow. Nick never stopped."

"But, he promised! There hasn't been any deaths, right?"

Riley chuckled. "No, only injuries. But that's because the surrounding packs have been helping us keep them at bay while they had me locked in a food cellar."

"Why exactly were you in a cellar?"

Riley's pack came into view, but it no longer had the peaceful aura to it. The skies were darkened with smoke and all defenses were on high alert.

"Because my wolf kept trying to push through. But he finally calmed down when you unblocked me."

"I didn't unblock you." I stated, but it came out more as a question.

He shrugged as we entered the pack. "You probably did it unconsciously when you were passed out by the graves."

"Oh," was all I said.

Riley continued to walk and I took in the scene. Everything was a mess. Wolves were everywhere, either resting on the streets or running towards the defenses. What had Nick done?

"Riley?" I choked, not looking at him.

"Yes Willow?"

"Can we hold a pack meeting?"

I could feel his smile. "I knew you'd ask."

.

.

.

.

"Okay, everyone is here while Alpha Carter's and Alpha Collins' men hold the defenses." Riley whispered in my ear.

I nodded and faced my pack who stared at me in awe. I guess that didn't know that I returned.

I sighed. I'm going to have to give a major pep talk to get away with my idea of how to handle the situation.

"So, I know that I have been gone for about two weeks, and that the rouges have been attacking, but tonight, it will end!"

Everyone shifted and I continued. "This wasn't supposed to have happened! I made a deal with their leader that if I left, he would leave you all at peace! But, since he broke his promise, we will kick his and all the other rouges' asses down to Tartarus!"

"Yaaahhh!" Alissa cheered.

"To the fields of punishment with them!" Renee shouted.

The crowd began to get hyped up, and I couldn't help but smile. "Tonight, we will defeat this army of rouges, and we will be known as the pack that stood up to them!"

Everyone cheered.

"Tonight, you will all stay here and gaurd, keep out territory safe, while I deal with Nick!"

Everyone roared, fisting the air and stomping their feet, cheering for the attacks to end. But Riley grabbed my arm.

"Willow? I just got you back and you're panning to have a battle with Nick?"

I nodded. "He broke his promise, he will pay. If not by me, then at least by someone else from our pack."

"Okay, then I'll come with you."

"Riley, this is my fight. You can't-"

He shushed me by placing his finger on my lips. "You said it yourself, if not by you, than by one of us. So I'm coming. Besides, you can't ground me."

I laughed and was soon interrupted.

"Well, that was quite the battle speech. Welcome back." Alissa said as she gave me a tight squeeze.

Renee slapped my back, earning a yelp to escape my lips. "So when do we get to whoop some ass? And the plan, what is it?"

I smiled and pointed at Alissa and Renee just as their mates joined their sides.

"Alissa, Renee, you guys get Paige and gather up all the children and the elderly and stay here. I want you guys to keep them safe and let no one enter the pack house. Kyle and Jason, I want you guys to get Travis and find Aviary. Convince her to make a barrier around the territory so that if any rouges try to get in, they'll feel the pain of what it's like to get slashed with silver." I turned towards the rest of the pack. "As for everyone else, get in positions!"

Everyone scampered off while Renee and Alissa beckoned all the elderly and children to follow them. As for me, I turned to Riley.

"You ready?" He asked as he tossed me a jacket.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

..............THE END.........MEAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

LOL, jk XD I'm just messing with you guys. This book still has some chapters left. So I'm gonna go to sleep now so that I'm not tired for school in the morning. I'll catch you guys later. As for the sassing in the comments, people are allowed to sass you if you sass them! *glares at a certain someone* so now that that is cleared up, TATA my little readers!!!