Chapter 17

Okay my little readers, I've decided that I owe you guys something. A LONGER CHAPTER!!!!!! Sounds good, right? Sooooo, I will try to make this chapter as long as possible, if I don't get lazy of course. Sooooooooo-o-o, I hope you doo dads are ready for a possibly longer chapter XD ENJOY!!!!!!

Willow's POV

What was the gift that I carried? So far Accalia and Aviary had mentioned me having one. And now the witch shows me a figure of my father and says that I received the gift from him? Was it something that ran in our family? If so, why was I the only one who had it?

I slipped my hand from Heaven's and walked closer to Aviary, tears falling from my eyes.

"How? How do you know who my father is?"

Aviary glanced at Heaven then back to me. "It's not my story to tell."

"Yet you show me my dead father?! You can't just-"

"Aviary," Heaven interrupted in a soft voice. "It's my story to tell."

I looked at Heaven, tears still rolling from my eyes. "What?"

She looked at her shoes, never looking up to me. "Did you know that big brother Riley isn't my real brother?"

I cocked my head. How could Heaven not be Riley's brother? They looked like they were related.

"What does this have to do with my dad?"

She looked up at me, her eyes watering. "Your dad saved my life when I was a baby, right after I was born. I don't remember it myself, but my new dad, Riley's dad, told me. My pack was attacked and my mother carried me in her mouth when she shifted into her wolf. We escaped, but were chased down by the enemy wolves." Heaven shuddered, as if she remembered it herself. "They caught up to us and killed my mother. They were about to kill me, but your dad showed up and killed them all."

My body felt cold. It was hard to believe that Heaven, a little girl around eight years old, had met my father.

"When did it happen?"

Heaven looked into my eyes. At that moment she looked mature. She looked as if she were older than me.

"Eight years ago."

So dad saved her when I was ten. But I don't remember him being gone at all when I was that age. This was all just confusing. It couldn't be possible.

I turned back to Aviary, pouring as much confidence as I could into the next few words I would be saying.

"Show me."

Aviary gave a small smile. "Of course Luna. But this will be an experience you have never faced before."

I nodded and clenched my hands. "Okay. I'm ready."

Around us, the wind picked up and the sky turned gray. My hair began to blow to one side and the swing sets began to rustle as the wind grew stronger.

Aviary's smile widened. She closed her hand, causing the image of my father to fade. Then she held out her other hand to me, beckoning me to take hold of it. Hesitantly, I took it. Then she closed her eyes and and began to mumble things that sounded like gibberish.

Before I knew it my surroundings disappeared and blackness enveloped me. Heaven was gone and so was Aviary. All I could see was a golden light erupting from pure darkness.

Fear immediately struck through me. I hated it when I was alone, especially in the dark. This felt like when I was trying to establish a connection with Riley, except this was much more frightening. I could imagine that I wouldn't be able to mind link Riley like this.