Chapter 7

Howdy guys!!!! Haha, I'm country, what can I say? So anyways my little readers, I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far, I know I would....hehehe....so, if u guys have any ideas or you want a promotion for a book, just let me know!!! Hope you guys enjoy!!!!

We spent another hour at the park with Alissa before we went our separate ways. And it turns out, Alissa and I have a lot of things in common. For example, we both love books, especially Percy Jackson. But when we started to talk about the second series with the Romans, she showed a face of disgust. I would've pointed out that she was wearing their colors, but I didn't really want to risk it. So I'd have to ask her later about that though. But, seriously, she's just so much fun.

"So, do you like Alissa," Riley asked as we were walking home.

I turned to him and smiled. "Yeah, she's just so much fun, she's a really sweet girl."

He smiled and continued to walk with me beside him.

"I really can't wait to meet her mate though. They must be so cute together."

He frowned. "She hasn't met her mate yet, which is weird, because she's nice and talks to everyone here. I always thought she would've found hers before me."

I nodded and continued to walk with Riley. But then, something occurred to me.

I stopped and grabbed Riley's hand, making him stare at me in confusion.

"What is it?"

I stared at my feet. "I was, erm...I was wondering if we could umm, if we could establish a link."

There was a pause, and for a second there I thought he was going to say no. But then he began to pull me along. "Of course, let's go do it in the yard."

I smiled as we walked back to the house. He pulled me into the yard and we both sat down in the grass.

"Ok, so, you do know how to do this, right?"

I nodded "Sorta, I think."

He laughed and his eyes clouded over. I followed his lead by doing the same thing.

But nothing happened.

We both stopped simultaneously, then he gave me a confused look. "It seems that something is blocking our connection."

I shook my head. "Something's wrong with our connection? I don't understand."

He smiled. "Well, do you talk to your wolf?"

I nodded. "All the time."

He began to stroke his imaginary beard which caused me to laugh. "Were you accepting me in. Like, you're trying to establish a connection with me?"

I nodded. He tilted his head back and looked up at the sky. "Well I guess the only other reason is because you might not know your wolf's name. But, that's retarded, right?"

I didn't answer, instead a blush appeared on my cheeks. "N-name? Why would I need that? I didn't have to know it for my pack."

He looked at me and began to laugh. "Well, you didn't have to know it before because you were basically born with that connection to your pack."

My blush got redder as I shook my head. "So what do I do now?"

I could tell he was deep in thought. "Well I've never heard of this happening before. So I guess you should try to make a stronger connection with your wolf. Then I guess you'll find out her name?"

He ended it as a question which gave me doubt. But I still nodded. "Ok, I'll try."

He smiled. "Alright then, concentrate really hard."