Rode off into the Sunset

It's been about two weeks since Logan drove me home, and in those two weeks I've done world saving things. Such as sleeping, eating, going to the local park and shooting some hoops with some know it all kids.

I've went to class, but skipped more than I actually attended, I mean when are ever going to use the Pythagorean theorem? I went for a few runs and I simply just a walked this earth.

I've seen Logan in the halls a few times but most of the time he was with a new girl attached to his hip, or sometimes I would even see a guy trying to get it on. But Logan would always reject the boys.

Sorry to all the boys out there, he shoots the other way!

When we would make eye contact he would simply smile sometimes nod, and in return I would do the same.

But now I was currently outside watching football practice, once again skipping math. I was sitting with Jade.

Michael and James were on the football team, so was Logan and from what I'm watching, I see that coach gave Logan the position of quarterback.

Huh, wonder how he managed that one. I mean he did say he was quarterback at his old school, but I thought he was just trying to show off.

"So, want to go shopping this weekend?" Jade asks out of the blue.

I look at my watch.

"I mean we could go now, school doesn't end for another two hours and we have the rest of the day to shop as well."

"Are you crazy? I can't skip my classes!"

"Why?"

"My mom would whoop my ass to another fricking universe!"

"I would do the same if I knew you." I tease but I don't think she picked up on that.

"What! Your so mean! I'm not skipping school, and I don't even want to go shopping this weekend anymore!"

"Wow, wow, wow calm down I was just kidding, no need to get so worked up." She really didn't pick up on the joke.

"Oh really? Sorry. I still want to go shopping!" I mentally face plan myself. I she bipolar or something.

"Oh look, their running a play, and Logan is gonna throw it to James!" Jade says enthusiastically, while pointing at Logan.

My eyes search for him for a second before I find his number, double zero. I faintly hear say 'hut' and the ball is passed to him form the guy in front of him.

James speeds off down the field in the opposite direction than Logan, throwing his head back every second, waiting for the ball.

Logan just passes before getting tackled to the ground, I winced a bit. It looked like it hurt ok?!

I may be a top fighter but, I'm not invincible.

Logan threw the ball pretty far considering there was a army of muscled men running up towards him to slam him to the ground.

James caught it with ease and was running to the touchdown area. Once reaching said area, he throws the ball on the ground making it bounce awkwardly considering the balls shape.

He does some weird embarrassing victory dance and picks the ball back up to bring it back to the start.

I've never actually learned how to properly throw a football. Every time I would try, it would do this weird wiggle in the air and it would end up facing the wrong way.

"Hey Jade, catch!" James yells from the field, drawing his arm back to throw the ball.

Jade catches the ball with ease, having been taught by her brother, from a young age.

"Throw it back!" She does as said.

"Ok ready Kris? It's your turn!" He says already drawing his arm back.

"Wait no! I don't know how to catch it!" It's already to late.

The ball comes barrelling toward me at a fast speed. I throw my hands up just in time for it to hit me. From the big impact, I fall backwards off the bleachers.

"Oh fuck!" I hear Jade say as she races down the bleachers to come meet me and my broken back at the bottom.

My backs not actually broken, it just feels that way.

"Do you talk to your mother with that mouth?" I ask Jade seriously.

"I swear your crazy, you just fell of the highest bleacher, and your worried about how I talk to my mom?"

I nod, "Well ya."

I hear footsteps running at a fast pace, then a whole person comes into view, well actually there were about three.

James, coach and Logan.

"Oh my god, Kris are you ok?" James asked with worry lacing his voice.

"Just peachy." Mind you I'm still on the ground.

"Are you going to be ok Peck?" Coach questions.

"Oh I'll be great."

Coach and James walk back onto the field. I faintly see coach wack James on the back of the head.

"Someone has to teach you to catch. And if you can't catch, then you can't throw."

I shake my head, "Even to save my life, I wouldn't be able to."

"I'll teach you someday." He said it as if he was making a promise to himself.

"Ok." I mumbled.

"Ok."

And he rode of into the sunset.

Or back to the field.

Same thing.

——

Question:
What's your favourite animal?

Vote, comment and show your friends