Message

I wake up and I feel like I'm on cloud nine. This is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. Considering what the state my house is in.

Logan's arm is still tightly around my waist and every time I move a little, his grip tightens more.

But I'm not complaining, the weight is comforting.

The light is pouring in through the blinds slightly blinding me making me feel uncomfortable.

I shift and turn around in Logan's arms. He loosens them so I can move but once my head is placed on his chest facing him, he tightens them again, as if he's afraid to let go.

I listen to the steady pumping of his heart and slowly I find myself back to sleep.

———

I wake up feeling even better then the first time if that's even possible.

"Morning." Logan croaks out next to me. His voice still heavy with sleep.

"Good morning." I smile back.

"Your phone has been going off for awhile now."

"Really? Who is it?"

He shrugs his shoulders and leans back making his muscles protrude in some spots and grabs my phone. He pressed the home button and soon light filters from it.

"It's an unknown number." His eyebrows knit together in confusion as my own do as well.

I take the phone from his grasp and check for myself. He was right, I had no doubt in him.

"It's probably some soccer mom." I say and shit my phone off, putting it on the bed side table on my side.

"Probab-" Logan gets cut off as my phone once again goes off. "Maybe it's not."

I grab the phone again and unlock it. Going into the message app, is start reading the messages in order in my head.

Hello, Kristen, it's me.

I snort. Ya because I know exactly who this 'unknown caller is' I know it's you Bob Ross.

The next one read.

It's me, Aunt Caroline. I just wanted to say that I've gotten better. Much better, thanks to the rehab I've been taken since the beginning of two years ago.

Anyways, I want to re-connect with you and Chance, although I don't think Chance would be ready for that.

But I know your strong and I wanted to be able to be apart of the family and be the adult figure then both of you need.

So please, when you read this, text me back with your decision.

I hope to re-connect.

-Aunt Caroline.

After finishing reading it, I realized I had a huge frown on my face which probably sent Logan into alarm as he asked me,

"Are you ok? Who is it?"

"It, it was my aunt."

"And? Isn't that a good thing?"

"The ain't on my sperm donors side. Her and my mom were close so when she died, she went down there same drain he did. She didn't you know, but she verbally did until we cut strings with her."

"Oh, well what did she say?"

"She wants to re-connect, with just me first because she doesn't think Chance is ready for that yet."