Date Night- Part 3

Alright I got this.

I reach my foot out, about to make history as I place my foot on the ice, and....

"Oi! Can't forget about the helmet there lad." Logan suddenly yells with an Irish accent making me jump.

He softly but ruffly at the same time, (if that makes sense) puts my helmet on and clips it close careful to not pinch my chin.

He than pushes past me making me lose my balance because I fall into the snow, face first, body second.

How on earth am I supposed to get up now?

I flip around and dust the excess snow off my legs and attempt to get up.

After sitting there for five minutes trying to get up, I see Logan pass, ok the ice for the What 30th time.

"Any slower there Kristen, and you won't be able to skate because our time will be up." With that he skates away.

"Can't he see I'm trying?" I mutter our to myself.

Our date was fun only minutes ago and now I don't even want to be here.

I flip to my knees and stand up slowly, I then turn around ready for round two on the ice.

That kinda sounded dirty.

Nope, pg thoughts only kids sorry.

I step on the ice and.....

Slip.

"Seriously?"

Some kid who would have to be in grade 2 or something like that comes to me.

"Wow you suck." And he skates away expertly.

If it were anyone else in this situation, I would've laughed, but sadly it's me.

Then a little girl who looks exactly like the boy moments ago, comes up to me.

"Sorry about him, that's my twin brother Ben. He's not exactly nice at first, I'm Stella, Stella-Mae." She reaches her arm out for me to shake.

"I'm Kristen, is Mae your last name?" I shake her hand.

"No, my mom liked both names, so she put them together."

"That's cool."

"So are you here alone, trying to embarrass yourself?"

"No, I'm here on a date but the dingus, made fun of me when I told him i couldn't skate, so I got mad, and now I'm here."

"Well who's the boy your on a date with?"

"I point to Logan."

She looks in the direction my finger is pointing in and looks at Logan as he talks to an elderly woman.

"He's cute, but I'll be right back. I promise." She then skates off towards Logan.

I manage to stand up and lean against the boards ready to see what happens next.

From here I can see her hit him in the stomach, with an angry look in her eyes, she says something to Logan. This whole time Logan's eyes are as wide as pugs.

Stella then skated back to me.

"He got what he deserved."

I nod my head in agreement. "He sure did."

"Come on." She grans my hand and starts pulling me along with her as she skates.

She giggles as she glides along the rink.