TWELVE

Edited

"Run run run away baby!" I sang dancing around in the pool.

"I love you so. That's what I'll say. You'll tell me baby baby please don't go away." Topper put his hands on my hips and danced with me.

This was the perfect day. Me and my love dancing and listening to Bruno Mars while swimming on a hot summer day.

The song finished and some song I didn't know came on next. "Your a great singer." Topper said and I turned around putting my arms around his neck. "Oh really? You like the sound of a dying duck?" Jj has pointed out countless times that I was a horrible singer. Topper smiled at me and pulled me alittle closer. "Have I told you I love you today?" He asked. I smiled alittle and shook my head "no I don't think you have." He leaned down his head alittle and I could feel his breath "well." He started "I am madly in love with you Anastasia maybanks." I smiled sweetly at the boy. "I'm insanely In love with you too Topper Thornton." He finished leaning in and kissed me passionately. I rapped my legs around his waist and pushed me up against the pool wall.

"Topper Thornton!" But now it wasn't me saying his name. He quickly realeased dropping me into the water turning around. "Mom." He started "I-uh thought you were going to be gone for the week." He stood infront of me so his mom wouldn't see. I didn't know if this was out of embarrassment or protection.

"Well it ended early. Glad to see your doing something productive with your time." She said sarcastically. "Whore behind my son." She sneered. "Hi Ms. Thornton." I said leaning on the side of topper awkwardly.

"Mom this is my girlfriend stas maybanks." Topper mumbled barley audible. His mother groaned alittle. "Luke maybanks kid? Yeah no. Have a good day Ms. Anastasia and see you never." She said waving her hand in the air and turning to go back inside, heels clicking on the ground as she walked.

I scoffed alittle and wiped a tear I didn't know had fallen. I started to walk to get out of the pool when topper sighed loudly "baby wait." He said walking out do the the pool too. I grabbed my towel and started to dry my self off. "My dads ruining another thing." I mumbled. "Stas calm down." Topper said as i frantically dried myself off. "I hate being a pogue." I mumbled again. "Stas-" topper started. "Your ashamed of me too! I should have known it-" Topper threw his hands up "stas calm down!" He yelled ans I stopped to look at him.

"My mom blames me for everything. Everything I do isn't enough For her." He started. "But you." He grabbed my face with his hand. "You are enough for me stas. You are more than enough and my deranged mother isn't going to change how I view you." Another tear fell from my eye and topper wiped it with his thumb. I smiled sadly at the boy and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." I mumbled.

He smiled at me. "Now let's go get some icecream how bout that?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Remeber last time we went to get icecream." I stated remember our first 'date'. Topper face winced and he said "not my brightest time." I laughed and ruffled his hair. "Nope. Come on let's go." I threw my towel at toppers face and ran inside to get my bag.

~

"Your such a plain guy." I said spooning another bite of icecream into my mouth. "Hey!" He said fake hurt. "Vanilla? Really?" I said reaching my spoon into his cup grabbing some and eating it.

"chocolates just as plain." He said eating some of mine. I shrugged "guess were just both plain."

I ate some more of my icecream "I was thinking." I started and topper groaned jokingly. I slapped his arm and laughed. "John b is going to Sarah's house tonight to do what ever they do and JJ is going to popes." I whipped my face with a napkin and put it in the empty bowel. "Sooo" I started "we can have a sleep over at John b place." Topper laughed
"What are you 5?" I rolled my eyes at the boy "at heart topper. At heart."

Topper nodded and threw his napkin in his own cup. "Sounds good. I don't wanna go back home right now anyways." I stood up and pulled him up. "You can come see my bedroom which is John bs couch." Topper laughed and threw our trash away. "I have clothes in the car so let's get going." Topper said.

~

When we arrived at John b house I slowly opened up the door. "Jj? Johnny?" I asked and no one answered. I giggled and opened up the door fully. "Pogues avoided." I said high fiving topper. "Sorry it's not like your house." I mumbled with my arms around topper. "It's perfect." He kissed my lips slightly. "Now." He said and picked me up throwing me over his shoulder. I giggled at the boys sudden movements. He threw me down on the couch and held his self above me.

"Is this your bed?" He asked. I nodded laughing at the boy hovering above me. "Cozy." He kissed me again and I rapped my arms around his neck. I released for a second to look at him. "I'm not ready for anything topper." I stated and he nodded kissing me again. I stoped one more time. "Hey JJs not here. So how bout we not let a perfectly good bed go to waist." Topper smirked And got off me pulling me up. "That would be a shame if we did." He laughed and jumped on JJs bed with me next to him, Lights still off.

Topper pulled off his shirt and I pulled of my shorts, getting underneath the covers. Topper rapped an arm around me and I got as close as I can to him.

"Thank you." I muttered. And he smiled into the crook of my neck.

"Always."