TWENTY

Edited

I walked down the isle staring at topper. Tears threaten to spill but I only let a few slip.

Topper however, was sobbing like a baby which made the guest cry too. I walked infront of the man I loved and whipped his tears "you look so gorgeous." He whispered trying to compose himself. I smiled at him "navy is so your color." I said and he laughed alittle.

The whole time the preacher was talking I don't think topper was listening because he kept looking me up and down every second he could.

I choked up during toppers vows and he choked up during mine.

"Do you topper Thornton take Anastasia maybanks to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"And do you Anastasia maybanks tale topper Thornton to be your lawfully wedded husband."

"I do."

"By the power invested in me I pronounce you husband and wife you May now kiss the bride."

I rapped my arms around topper neck and pulled him in.

"Guess both our wishes came true."

~~~~~

"Moommmm, Dad and uncle JJ are fighting again." My son Cameron said coming into the living room. I huffed and turned towards Jess "we married children." She huffed to and took a long sip of wine "agreeded." Me and her stood up and walked outside to see Topper and JJ trying to throw each other into the pool.

My daughter and JJs daughter were playing in the shallow end splashing. "Guys aren't you suppose to be watching your daughters?" I pointed towards my daughter grace and JJs daughter Ana (yes named after me of course)

"We're in a very intense match right now." Topper said putting JJ in a headlock. Jj flipped topper over his shoulder and into the pool. Topper came up and spit out water. "That was great hunny." I said sarcastically. Topper huffed and went to sit by Ana and grace. "Remeber topper I'm the only one who can beat JJ in a fight." I winked at him and took of my bathing suit cover and downed the rest of my wine. "Close your eye baby mommy's about to get her butt kicked." Jj said to Grace topper covered her eyes jokingly.

I walked up to jj and squared up to my brother. "Summer 2016." I said crossing my arms. Jj eyes widen "Diver down." He said and fell back into the pool.

I turned to topper who looked suprised. "That was it?" He asked. I nodded "what even happen summer 2016? I've seen you use it for leverage so many times." Topper asked. "Dude we never talk about '16." Jj said throwing his arms up to stop him.

"Hey guys." John b said walking out back with Sarah and there 2 kids. "Hi momma." I said walking up to her and patting her stomach. JJ and topper got out of the pool to say hello to John b.

"Hey Mason, hey Johnny." I high fived Sarah's two kids. "Hi aunt Stas." They said ans then went to jump in the pool. "Ahhh." Sarah said raising a finger at them. "Sun screen." She said reaching into her bag and handing them the bottle. "Go help your son please". She said to John b and he did finger guns at her.

The kids all played in the pool together while we all laid back in our chairs and watched, drinking beer and wine and Sarah water.

"We've gotten old." I said takin a sip of my beer. "I mean for crying out loud JJ and John b are drinking wine." Everyone laughed

"What happen to us." John b asked. I shrugged "we changed."

"Stas, John  Remeber when we hated kooks and now are kids are being raised up as them?" Jj said chuckling. "Hey I hated all but one." I said doing finger guns at topper. "4th grade field trip we went to the aquarium and my teacher was friends with another teacher from the kook side of the island so we partnered with her class." I smiled thinking about little me and little topper "no one wanted to be my partner so topper left his friends and came and walked with me. And that's day I decided that this one kook wasn't so bad."

"There wasn't even kook and pogues back in forth-" Jj started and I snapped my fingers at him. "Shh it for sentimental purposes."

"Well the time I realized that you were the only good pogue we were in 6th grade and I had missed the bus's home so I had to walk and your dad had let you ride your bike to get a snow cone in the kook part of the island. And you bought me a snow cone and let me borrow your bike to ride home so I wouldn't get in trouble." Topper said smiling. I raised an eyebrow at the boy "borrow? You never gave it back!" I said. He smiled alittle bit "she let me steal her bike." We all laughed.

"I remember that. You got in big trouble." Jj said laughing. I nodded. "I did."

We spent the rest of the day sharing story's about our child hood and what we did as teenagers. 

"I hope they don't turn into us." I said staring at our children. "Listen Ana you better never do drugs ! I already have wrinkles!" Jj yelled pointing at his daughter who looked at him confused.

"I would be proud if my daughter turned it you." Topper said squeezing my hand. I smiled at my husband.

"I hope Cameron turns into none of y'all." I laughed and topper faked hurt. "Sweetie you did cocaine when you were young." I said squeezing his face. "So did you." He mumbled.

"Cheers to having our children be nothing like us and actually being good kids." John b siad rasing his glass and invisibley dinking all our glasses.

"To having more children!" Jj said smiling at Jess who rolled her eyes.

"To stop having children!" She countered.

"To baby lily." Sarah said patting her belly.

"To us going full kook!" I laughed

Topper raised his glass and looked at smiling.

"Full kook."

The end

I just read my whole book over again and edited it and I cried like 4 times. I may be a sucky writer but topper crying during the wedding part made me cry. (You know he's the type of guy to sob too)