NINETEEN

Edited

One year later

I drove to the house that was having the open house today. I put the sign out front and cleaned up any mess in the inside and waited for any interested people to come in and show them the house.

It was a gorgeous 2 bed 2 bath with an access way right to the beach. The light house I use to go as a kid sat in view. I would give anything to live in this house. I had even thought of buying it but this house was very very expensive and big bump up from living in the house me and Jj Still lived in.

"Hi I'm Anastasia." I said shaking the young couples hand who had just walked in. I took them around the house, upstairs, down stairs and all around. Showing them every cool feature and detail. The couple loved the back up beach and the water and said they would be in touch.

More people came in looking at the house. More to just look than to actually buy. I was talking to this one lady about the kitchen when the door opened. "I'll be with you in a sec." I called and continued to talk to the lady. I shook her hand and she walked out.

"Hi I'm Ana-" I started to say until I turned around. "Topper?" I asked as the boy turned towards me. He hadn't changed a single bit Except he wasn't in his iconic frat boy outfit. Disappointing.

"Stas?" He said and then laughed. He pulled me into a hug. "How have you been?" He asked me. "When did you get home from college?"

"Awhile ago. Last summer."

"Oh." He said.

"How's your girlfriend." I asked just getting to the part I really wanted to know.

He shook his head "cheated on me." I almsot laughed but composed myself "what's it with girls cheating on you." He shrugged and rubbed his forehead. "How's your boyfriend." He asked me. I smiled "like wise." He laughed this time and clapped his hands together. "The house?" He said pointing.

"Right. 2 bed, 2 bath. I'll take you to the bedrooms first."

~

I showed topper the whole house and he seemed to really like it. Inbetween talking about the house he asked about me and I asked about him.

"Lastly my favorite part." I said walking out the backdoor. "Gorgeous right?" I said looking out to the water. "Yeah beautiful." He muttered but i felt his eyes were somewhere else's besides the ocean.

I put two fingers on his face and moved it to look at the water. "That way thornton." He blushed and I laughed. "Hey is that.." he said pointing to light house. I nodded

"Yeah that's the old light house all right. If you really wanted to you could walk to it threw your back yard." I chuckled staring at the place filled memories. The countless times me and topper dangled over the side staring up at the stars. It was our spot.

"You like this house?" He asked. "Me? Oh yeah it's gorgeous."

"Then I'll take it." I narrowed my eyes at him. "What are you doing thornton."

He sighed and grabbed my hands. "Stas I haven't got you off my mind for the past 5 years."

I smiled at him. "Neither have I." He smiled at me and leaned down to kiss me.

"Blue or white curtains?" He asked in between kisses. "Definitely white." I muttered back.

~

"Proud to announce that you are a brand new home owner." I smiled at my boyfriend handing him the keys to his new house. He kissed my temple and said "would you like to be co owner?" He asked. I pulled away and looked at him confused, "are you asking me to move in with you?" I asked. He nodded and got down on one knee "will you Ms. Maybanks move in with me and wake up next to me everyday?" He asked holding up a spare key like he was proposing.