FOURTEEN

Edited

"Sarah please come pick me up." I wined to sarah on the phone. "I don't know where I am." I mumbled walking down the side. "Okay I'm coming. Pin your location." She said and hung up. I pined my location and walked into a little store that was there to pass the time.

"Hi how I can help you?" A older lady asked me. I smiled and shook my head "I'm just looking around. Thank you though." The lady smiled and walked back to the register. I looked at the dresses and stopped at a gorgeous red dress. I pulled it out and held it up.

Wow

Wow. It was beautiful. I looked at the price tags and sighed. It wasn't extremely expensive but I new I didn't have all that money.

"Would you like to try it on?" The lady asked making me jump. "I'm not going to buy it, but if you wouldn't mine." She waved her hand at me and pointed towards the dressing room.

I changed and walked out to look at my self in the mirror. "Red is definitely your color miss." The lady said smiling behind me. "My boyfriend tells me that." I said and twirled the dress around. "Would be perfect for midsummers." She stated and I sighed turning around. "Topper- my boyfriend never asked me to go with him personally . I think he's ashamed of me." I said rubbing my face. The lady nodded and sighed "well this topper fella needs to realize that your the best thing to walk into his life." I almost snorted at the lady. "He needs to. But he won't." I walked back into the dressing room and took of the dress.

"Thank you so much for letting me live out my midsummers dream." I said laughing and putting the dress back where I found it.

"Anytime deer." She said. I saw Sarah's car pull up and I waved to the lady. "Bye! Thank you!"

~

"Really? Rafe?" Sarah snorter rolling her eyes. "Yes! Topper is avoiding me hard and I don't know why." I knew why. It was because I was a pogue and he just realized who he fell in love with.

"Do you wanna go to John b?" She asked. I sighed and nodded. "Please."

~~

Topper sighed and rubbed his face hard, rafe was chucking. "Dude you messed up!" He laughed. Topper sent daggers at the boy as a warning to shut up. "Its all my stupid mom! She thinks just because stas is a pogue, it Dosent make her a good girlfriend. She's insane." Rafe smirked "you can pass her along to me if-" topper rolled his eyes and slammed down his drink. "Rafe I swear if you lay a single finger on my girl." He threatened. "Well your girl just left." He pointed out.

Topper gave him an 'you think I don't know?' Face and huffed.

"I'm going to go find her." Topper said standing up. "See ya."

Topper walked out door of the restaurant and towards the way he saw. He was still plenty of feet away when he saw her exit a store and wak to get in Sarah's car. They drove off ans topper jogged to the store she went into.

"Hi can I help you?" The old women said. 

"Um yes girl that was just in here she-" topper started and the women shook her head.

"You must be topper." She exclaimed.

"How-" topper started yet again to only be cut off by the lady. "Your girlfriend came in upset." She started walking over to the back. "I had a feeling you would come along so I saved this." She handed topper the dress stas had tried on.

"She loved this dress. Said you liked red on her.  I told her to get it for midsummers and she said you never asked her face to face. Now what's a boy like you letting that girl walk out the door?" She asked.

Topper looked at the dress and smiled picturing stas in it. "I was being stupid." He stated. The lady agreed "very very stupid."

"I'll take it." He said. "Did she look at anything else?" He asked.

The lady shook her head but started walking to the left. "No but I do know something she may like."

She walked over to the jewelry and aloud topper to look. "Maybe something to match the gold necklace she had on."

"I gave that to her." He said proudly. "Well she wouldn't stop playing with it the whole time she was in here. Now I think something like this would go great with the dress and necklace." The older lady

She handed topper a little ring with an S on it

"Got A bracelet too?" Topper asked. The lady smiled knowingly.

"Come back in about an hour and I'll have the bracelet for you. Now you need to pay and go see your lovely lady friend."

Topper swiped his card as the lady put the dress in a carrier.

"She thinks your embarrassed, ashamed of her." She said handing him the bag. Topper nodded. "See you in an hour."

~

"Thought you we're with topper?" Jj asked moving over to give me room on the couch. I huffed and threw off my shoes.

"He invited rafe to our date." I mumbled. Jj laughed alittle "wowww." I rolled my eyes at the boy and leaned back on the couch.

"Are you going to midsummers tonight?" He asked. I hugged again shook my head. "No because topper is a jerk." Jj narrowed his eyes at me. "This is new." He stated. I rolled my eyes at the boy. "What?"

"Anger." Jj smirked and I slapped the back of his head. "Shut up." Jj leaned back fully in the couch. "Ooo your in loveee." 

"Jj I swear-" I started but got cut of by Jj making kissing noises at me. I pushed his face away but he still kept doing it. "You loveeeee topper." He said.

"So what if I do?!" I yelled at the boy cracking which made I'm shut up. "He doesn't love me. He would never love a pogue. We all knew this from the beginning."