SEVENTEEN

Edited

2 years later

"You have mail stas." JJ said throwing the envolope on my lap. I narrowed my eyes at the letter.
I never have mail.

Me and JJ now lived by our selfs in our dads old house. He had overdosed and passed a month after we turned 18. Kei always speculated that JJ did it but I wasn't so sure. JJ didn't like anything dad did but he was still our father. I just think it was an accident.

Me and JJ moved into the old home by ourselves and even though the memories of the house stayed, we were able to make new ones.

I eyed the return address and gasped ripping open the envelope.

Congratulations! You have been accepted into the full ride scholarship program to the University of Virginia for the fall semester.

"Jj." I whispered. I stood up and screamed and jumped around. "JJ I'm going to college!!" I hugged him.

"Woooo!" He yelled and laughed. Tears fell down my face as he hugged me "I'm so proud of you stas."

"Well celebrate tonight with everyone." He said pulling away. He threw me the keys to our dads truck. "Go tell him." Jj said smirking. I smiled and hugged him once more and ran outside to the truck.

I drove to topper house and banged on the door. The door swung open and topper looked down at me smiling. He looked the same as the day I fell in love with him. "Hey babe." He said pecking my lips and letting me inside.

"What's up?" He asks making his way to the couch and I sat on his lap. I handed him the letter and he read it.

"You got it?" He said with excitement. I nodded and he stood and and twirled me around. "Baby! That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" He said smiling and I laughed. "I'm proud of my self too."

"Jj is throwing a party to celebrate tonight. Can You come?" I asked.

"Of course I can." He smiled. I kissed him and "I gotta go to Camerons."

"Bye babe." I said kissing him one more and walking out the door.

~

I walked into the Cameron's house and towards the kitchen. The Cameron's have became my second family and without wards help with my college interview and application, I would have never made it in.

Sarah and rafe were sitting at the bar bickering and ward and Rose were drinking wine having there own conversation.

"Hey stas." Sarah said ignoring whatever rafe had just said.

"Cameron's I come baring news." I said throwing the paper on the counter.

"Guess who's going to college." I said as ward picked up the paper and started to read it.

Sarah screamed and ran over and hugged me. "Omg college buddies!"

I laughed let go. Rafe patted my shoulder "congrats stas." He said and I hugged him. Rafe went to a community college in the area and was visiting.

Rose looked like she had tears in her eyes "mama rose!" I laughed wiping one that had fell off her cheek. She pulled me into a hug "I'm so proud of you stas."

"Congrats Stas." Ward said handing me back the letter and hugging for a sec. "thank you Mr. Cameron for all the help." He smiled and patted my shoulder.

I looked at my watch. "I gotta go but I'll see y'all later."

As soon as I made it out the door, I sent Sarah and rafe a text about the party. I knew the Cameron's didn't mind but I didn't want to get them in trouble if they cared today.

~

"To stass!" Jj siad clinking his beer to ours.

Topper has his arm rapped around me as he was talking to John b. I'd like to think that me and Sarah brought the pogues and kooks together single handily.
I was happy and I was excited. I wanted nothing more than to go to college and show everyone that I could excelle. But a part of me was sad.

Jj wasn't going to college. John b wasn't going either. I felt bad for leaving them. I felt bad for leaving rafe here and leaving kei and pope even  though they were going to college there self. Virginia was not too far but still.

And topper. Me and topper were suppose to be endgame but that was before I was going to collage.

"Hey top." I said and he looked down at me smiling and stoped when he saw my expression. "Can I talk to you outside?" I asked smiling at John b who smiled back and walked away.

"Yeah of course ." He said holding the door open for me.

"What's up?" He asked putting his hands in his pocket.

"Topper what are we going to do." a tear falling down me cheek.

He put his hand on my face and he wiped it with his thumb, I closed my eyes and leaned into it.

"We're going to be okay." He said. I scoffed and tore my face away from his hand. "How-how can you say that top? Your got going to drive 5 hours everytime you Wanna see me. We already don't see each other much because we live what 20 minutes from eachother? What if you meet someone else? What if we cant do long distance?" I wondered out loud to the boy.

"You don't trust me?" He asked my offended. "That's not what I-" he cut me off "no but that's what you meant."

I sighed and rubbed my face, tears were still falling. "Topper I'm scared your going to forget about me." Topper pulled me into a hug. "I couldn't forgot you stas. I love you."

"Topper you are my everything. You are my person." I pulled away. "But I don't think I can do long distance. I don't want to hold you back." Topper nodded his eyes filled with tears now too.

"Just don't forget about me." He said and I nodded "I could never." I hugged him and sobbed into his chest. Tears fell from his eyes and landed on my neck. "After college." He mumbled and I nodded into his chest.

"I love you so much Thornton." I said in between sobs.

"I love you to maybanks."

~

I walked back inside whipping some of my tears on my shirt. Topper had left saying one of his final goodbyes.

"Hey you okay stas?" Kei said as I slowly closed the door. All my friends looked at me and I sniffed and whipped another tear.

"Uh yeah. Thank y'all for tonight but um im tired." I said choking back a sob. "Night."

I walked to my room and broke down at my bed. I didn't want to end it with topper but I didn't want to hold him back. Only seeing him on holidays I felt wouldn't work for him.

I wondered if I made the wrong choice