john b | sneaking out

"Come on, Y/n. I know you don't want to go but you have to," Kie encouraged, "Plus, I'll be there!"

She was trying to convince me to go for dinner at the Cameron's house. We were both Kooks but preferred the Pogue life so much more. Both of our parents didn't approve of the group we hung around with, but we didn't care. They were more interesting and generally better people than the kids that lived in Figure Eight, and we wouldn't trade them for the world.

"But we're gonna have to be in a room for several hours, all with people we hate. Why are you trying to convince me? I know you, and I know you don't wanna be there either." I pointed out.

"Of course I don't. But I know what happens if we don't go, and I'd much rather do this than suffer the consequences." Kie said.

In all fairness, she was right. The last time we snuck out of these gatherings to go and meet up with John, JJ and Pope, both of our parents found out, and banned us from seeing them for 3 weeks. We obviously still kept in touch with them by text, but all we wanted to do was go out and watch the sunset with them while laying on a boat with a beer.

I was worried if we missed out on this one, they would ban us from seeing them for even longer, maybe even forever, so I finally agreed, and me and Kie began to get ready.

************

We both arrived at the Cameron's house. Late, but at least we were there. We came in and sat down, trying to avoid eye contact with everyone judging us for not being on time.

"Someone's a bit late." my mom whispered to me. I just ignored her, I didn't even wanna be here, and I didn't need her sarcastic comments on top of that.

They asked us about how we had been doing and how school was going, but soon moved on and started talking about their business deals or whatever. If you couldn't tell already, I wasn't very interested in the conversation.

I suddenly heard a tap at the window. I looked over to see the Pogues all gesturing for us to leave.

"What are you doing here?!" I mouthed to them.

"Leave!" they mouthed back.

I really didn't know what to do. If we left we could've been banned from seeing them, but if we didn't I would've died of boredom.

"Kie." I whispered.

She tilted her head in confusion, and I subtly pointed towards the window.

"Erm, we have to go the the bathroom." Kie blurted out.

"Together?" her dad asked.

"Yep. It's a girl thing I guess." she justified.

I was trying so hard not to laugh. It was obviously a lie and all of them fell for it.

"Be quick."

We both walked towards the back door and outside.

"You can't be here!" Kie stressed.

"Why not? Pope said, sticking his bottom lip out.

"Last time we didn't stay at one of them gatherings, we got banned from seeing you." I reminded him.

"Yeah, but it's fine come on, you can just sneak out when you're 'banned' again." JJ winked.

"Cute dress by the way Y/n." John B teased.

My mom had forced me to wear a posh dress, it was a dark green velvet material and was much shorter than Kie's, hers went down to her ankles whereas mine came up mid thigh.