pope | picnic

I walked down the street with my headphones in, listening to music. When I was by myself like this, I'd always pretend I was in some sort of music video, and step to the beat of the song or start smiling randomly.

(does anyone else do that because i find myself doing that a lot and if no one else relates that's so embarrassing)

So there I was, vibing alone to the music, not really caring about where I was going. Obviously watching out for cars, but also just not giving a single fuck. Until..

"Y/n? What are you doing?" I heard someone laugh.

I quickly yanked out my earphones and turned around to see Pope staring at me and smiling.

"I was just..." I began, trying to search for a reasonable explanation as to why I was basically bouncing along the path.

"The song must be really good if you felt the need to dance to it." he chuckled.

"Hey! All of my songs are really good! I just especially liked this one I guess." I justified.

"Ah okay, well who am I to judge. Are you hungry? Do you wanna get some food with me?" he asked.

I had been walking along for longer than I expected and it was already 1:30pm.
"Yeah sure I'm up for getting some food."

"Okay, I'll sort it out. Meet me at the park in 20?"

"Sure, see ya!" I replied, walking in the opposite direction back to my house.

***************

I quickly got changed out of the clothes I was wearing and into a red summer dress with little white flowers on it. I left soon after, grabbing my keys and phone and walking towards the park. I was a bit confused as to why we weren't going to a cafe or something to get food, but I put it past me and continued going.

I arrived and started looking around for Pope. It didn't take me long, and there he was sitting on the grass. He had laid out a picnic blanket and it had a hamper sitting on top of it. There were 2 glasses for drinks and he had laid down a flower in the middle.

"Woah."

"Do you like it?" he asked, seeming pretty nervous for some reason.

"I love it! It's so cute!" I exclaimed, running over and sitting in front of him.

"Phew, I was pretty worried you were gonna hate it."

"Why would I hate this? It's literally perfect. There's a flower and everything!" I smiled, picking it up and spinning it around between my fingers.

"You don't think it's too cringey?"

"No I don't? Why do you care so much about this?"

"Does this answer your question?" he said, as he leaned in and kissed me.

"I... I didn't know you felt that way about me?" I stuttered.

"Do you really think I would've gone to all of this trouble if I didn't feel that way about you?" he laughed.

I giggled, "Maybe not."

"Come on, let's eat." he said, as he picked up a grape and gently popped it into my mouth as I smiled.

We sat on the blanket and continued eating, until a strong gust of wind started moving things around. Moments later, we both simultaneously got notifications on our phone about a weather warning, and how there was going to be a storm later that evening and that there would be torrential rain from this point on. Surely enough, rain began to fall and I tried sheltered myself using my hands which probably wasn't the best option.

Pope saw me struggling and took his jacket off, holding it over my head and hugging me.
"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I don't mind the rain, but it's ruined everything." I sighed, looking around at the destroyed picnic.

Pope didn't answer and instead took his waterproof speaker out of his bag, the one we usually take out on the boat, and placed it on the grass.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Just wait."

He tapped a few buttons on his phone and the song I was listening to earlier on my earphones started playing out from the speakers.

"May I have this dance?" he asked, standing in front of me with his hand out and his head slightly bowed.

"You may." I giggled, as I placed my hand in his, and he span me around.

************

We danced along to the music and laughed with each other for the next hour or so, completely drenched from the rain.

"Right let's get you home, we don't want you catching a cold or something." he said, as he put his jacket around me again and gathered up the picnic stuff from the floor. He picked up the flower and carefully placed it in my hair.
I looked back at him and smiled, as we ran back to my house.

"Come in, I'm not gonna make you sit out here in the rain." I said, as we stood at my doorstep.

"That's because you're so nice," he replied, as he tucked my hair behind my ear, (basically pulled a debby ryan hahah) "But I'd better get home if the storms gonna start tonight. My parents are gonna worry otherwise."

"Okay fair enough. Be safe, I'll see you soon." I smiled.

"I'll be so safe." he winked, as he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and walked away.

____________________
AUTHORS NOTE

ahhh finally i did another pope story, i'm sorry i left it so long but i never know what to write for him haha

this story has 4K reads now!! that's literally insane to me considering it was at 3K like two days ago

thank you!! <3

____________________