jj | puppy

Me and JJ had been dating for 4 years, and even though it had been hard with all of the treasure hunting and everything with John B, we still got through it together.

We had both moved out of the Château, and into a new apartment. Slightly run down, but it still worked for us, and it wasn't like we hadn't lived in these conditions our entire lives.

I was sitting on the sofa scrolling through my phone when JJ came up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders. I turned back at him and smiled.

"Good morning!" I said.

"Morning gorgeous!" he replied, "Hey, so I was thinking..." He paused.

"What were you thinking?" I laughed.

"Can we maybe get a puppy?" he suggested, looking down at me with hopeful eyes.

"You wanna get a puppy?" I giggled, holding his hand and bringing him round to sit next to me.

"Yeah! Just imagine, we would be woken up every morning by a little dog and we could take it for walks together!" he pleaded.

He was so cute when he was excited and there was no way I could ever convince him not to now.

"Okay yes! Let's get a puppy!" I responded.

He kissed me, and jumped up off of the couch.

"Let's go check now!"

"Now?!" I asked, but his mind was pretty set, and he was sat at the computer already googling.

***********

After doing a lot of researching and looking for a rescue dog, we had finally found one that we wanted. We arrived at the house and got let in by the owners, who were a lovely elderly couple.

"We just can't take care of him anymore. We don't want to relocate him and there's nothing wrong with him at all." the lady explained, leading us into the front room.

"Oh my god look how cute!" I said, running over to a small fluffy puppy, with black and white fur.

"I love him already!" JJ replied, running over with me.

We had saved up from multiple shifts at our jobs, and we knew that this dog was going to be ours from the moment we saw him.

"So have we come to a decision, darlings?" she asked.

"We're gonna take him! Don't worry, we'll give the little thing tons of love." JJ smiled.

The man laughed, "I'm sure you will kid."

JJ paid the couple and we put the puppy into the carrier, and walking out of the door.

"We wish you the best." the couple said, standing in the entrance and waving goodbye. i

"You too!" we shouted back, and drove back to our apartment.

**********

"What if we can't take care of him?" I quietly asked.

"We're going to be able to take care of him,
Y/n. Don't worry about that." JJ reassured me.

I was watching the puppy as he plodded around the living room.

"What are we gonna call him?" I questioned.

"Oh yeah, a name would be helpful..." JJ pondered.

"He looks like a Benji." I concluded, tilting my head while looking at him.

"I love that name!" JJ beamed, picking Benji up and spinning him around.

"Watch it! What if he throws up?!" I blurted out, standing up and reaching for the, now dizzy, dog.

"Ah fine." JJ huffed, sitting on the sofa.

I walked over to the fridge and checked the food that we had.

"We have no milk," I sighed, "I'll go shopping and get some. Oh! I can get some stuff for Benji too!"

"Do you want me to come?" JJ said.

"You need to stay at home with this little guy." I reminded him, stroking our new puppy on the head.

"Can't argue with that." he grinned, picking Benji up and sitting him on the sofa.

I planted a kiss on his cheek and left to go shopping.

**********

I came back not too long after with a collar, a leash, dog food with a bowl, a little squeaky toy, and of course, milk.

As I entered the living room, I saw JJ and Benji cuddling on the sofa. It was so cute and I wanted it to last forever, but unfortunately the little pup spotted me come in and waited excitedly to see what I had brought.

"Here boy! Look what I've got!" I said, in a high pitched voice.
The puppy came rushing towards me, and took the squeaky toy from my hand.

"Hey Y/n, you're home." JJ mumbled, still half asleep.

"Were you maybe a bit tired?" I giggled.

"Maybe. He's very calm and cuddly you know."

"I can already tell he's gonna fit in just fine with us." I smiled.

"Let's take him for a walk!" JJ suddenly got up, excitedly.

"Okay you get him all ready and I'm gonna quickly unpack the shopping." I laughed, watching him run towards the tiny dog and attach his collar and leash to him.

We left the house shortly after, and JJ ran off infront of me with the dog. I paced behind him, taking lots of photos and videos.

Benji was running around like crazy in circles and he was just so cute. After a while, he started to get tired so we went home and laid in bed, me and JJ next to each other, with our new little dog snuggled inbetween us.

It was definitely the right decision for us to get a puppy, even if it was a bit of an impulse one.

____________________
AUTHORS NOTE

i feel like i need to apologise for this one, it feels so rushed i'm sorry hahah
i thought it was very cute tho so i hope you enjoyed it :)

i also can't believe we're at 300+ reads i'm literally losing my mind, i had 200 yesterday like that's insane!!

thank you so much everyone! <3

____________________