Code red

The pogues had gone from five to six, as they travelled in the van on the way back to the Crain house. John B sat driving, with Sarah next to him in the passenger seat. Riley had a feeling that's how things would be from now on, demoting Kie to the back with the rest of them. Riley sat with her legs on Kies lap, whilst Kie sat next to pope, opposite Riley and JJ, who were sat next to each other.

Riley could tell John B was overly excited for the evening ahead, as he gave the pogues a checklist of all the items they needed.

"Okay we got rope?"
"Got it"
"Grappling hook?"
"JB this isn't a spy movie we don't need a grappling hook"
"Right sorry. Pulley?"
"Check"
Dark clothes?"
"Got it"
"Flashlights?"
"Check"

By the time John Bs checklist was finished, they were outside the Crain house and it was dark outside. Riley was dressed in black leggings and an oversized black hoodie. She was wearing no make up, and her hair was down and natural, with the hood up over her head.

"Let's go get rich guys!" JJ said to the group as the doors of the van began to open.

"Hell yeah" Kie smirked, moving Riley's legs off her lap, as Riley slid out the side door, and stood next to Kie and Sarah, shining her flashlight in their their faces on purpose.

"Riley, really?" Pope asked the girl

"Sorry" she mumbled, switching her flashlight off.

"Let's get to it!"

"Come on boys! And girls!"

"Ride on!"

"Wait wait wait guys" John B stopped the group as they finished unloading the van of the rope and other items that John B had made them bring along 'just incase'.

"I wanna say thank you. Really. It means a lot to me that you're all here tonight" he said smiling at his friends. They all smiled back to him.

"Always" Kie smiled at the boy

"Of course man" pope patted John B on the shoulder

"John B I love you, but this is so cringe" Riley smiled at the boy

"Yeah I agree we done with this circle jerk?" JJ asked As he slung his arm round Riley's shoulder. Riley looked up to the boy and smiled, which didn't go unnoticed by Sarah.

"Let's go get that wheat in the water!" Pope smiled to the rest of the group, they all shared the same excited smile as they grabbed the last of their things out of the van and began hopping one by one over the wall.

The girls went first, hopping fairly gracefully over the wall, apart from Riley, who was significantly smaller than everyone else, meaning her jump was a little less graceful.

The boys closely followed after the girls, and as silent as possible, they snook through the overgrown garden of the crane house, and began heading towards the entrance to the basement that they entered a few days previous. As they did, lights to the Crain house flashed on.

"Shit shit shit shit shit!" All six teens whispered as they ducked behind a near by wall.

"Flashlights!" Kie told them, making them all quickly switch all their lights off.
Each teen shushed each other as they caught their breathe.

"Okay. She has motion sensor lights." Pope sighed and looked to the rest of the group, hoping one of them had a solution.

"We could um- move, Er, really slowly... maybe?" JJ suggested

"What?" Sarah asked in disbelief

"Sorry Sarah, trust me you'll adjust to JJs level of stupid. It sometimes shocks me still. Like just now" Riley shot JJ a look as if to say 'are you that dumb?', JJ just shrugged.