Yucatan

Riley and JJ woke up the next morning to the sun beaming through the window onto their faces. Riley winced at the light and rolled over to see JJ looking at her with a small smile on his face. She smiled back.

"Morning" she smiled at the boy as he pulled her closer into his side and she buried her face in his neck

"Good morning" he grinned, kissing the top of her head.

"Hey Riley?" JJ turned to face her.

"Hey JJ?" She turned to the boy.

"Remember that time you told the gold lady I was your boyfriend?" He asked the girl smirking. She rolled her eyes.

"Something like that rings a bell yes" she joked. JJ was happy to see her smiling. Her face still looked ill, but she still looked just as beautiful to him.

"Well how about we make it real?" He asked the girl, a huge grin appeared on her face.

"Wait for real?" She smiled

"For real" he grinned, and kissed her gently on the lips.

"Riley Johnson, be my girlfriend?" He asked

Riley let out a small squeal and kissed him again.

"Well was that a yes?" JJ asked, laughing.

"Of course it's a fucking yes!" Riley smiled, wrapping her whole body around his.

The two Lay like that for another hour or so before finally peeling back the duvet and getting ready to face the problems on the outside world.

They showered together, something JJ enjoyed, not just for seeing the girl he was in love with naked, but also protecting her from the thoughts they were overcoming her in her own head.

After drying off they both sat outside, beers in one hand, and joints in the other. "Can we talk? You know properly? About the other night?" JJ asked Riley, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"What is there to talk about?" Riley shrugged "you said some shitty things, and we both had shit nights but it's done now, so let's just move on yeah?" She pleaded with the boy, taking a swig of her beer.

"Yeah, I suppose" JJ shrugged

"Unless you want to talk about, you know, your dad?" Riley asked, hoping for him to open up to her.

"No your right. Water under the bridge" JJ smiled at the girl, she smiled back but they both knew deep down there was so much they should have said to each other in that moment.

* * *

After a few hours, the rest of the pogues besides pope showed up, and sat by the water.

"He took everything?" Riley asked John B in disbelief, after finding out ward had bought the Crain house and took the gold.

"Every bar. The whole enchilada" John B sighed.

"Fuck" Riley mumbled, looking up at JJ who was staring out at the water.

"It's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit" John B mumbled pulling off the cast that was on his arm.

"John B-" kie tried

"What kie it's a hairline fracture who cares?"

Riley could sense he was actually upset about the gold, but wanted to act like it didn't bother him.

"You should care. Your arms gonna be messed up for life" kie told him and Riley inwardly agreed. It was stupid.

"It's fine. See?" John B said, waving his arm around.

"Guys, guys!" Riley heard shouts from the distance, turning around to see where it was coming from.

"You guys here that?" She asked the rest of the pogues, who now sat up hearing the shouts.

Pope came running down the path towards them, out of breath, his suit messed up from his interview, and looking completely flustered. "Oh my god I ran all the way here!" He bent over trying to catch his breath.

"How was the interview pope?" JJ asked

"Don't ask!" He puffed "JB, look Im sorry dude, about everything and I don't have a lot of time, but I have information that is tactically relevant" pope told the group, the rest sitting up ready to listen.

"You realised you're a complete ass?" Riley asked sarcastically, still a little pissed at him for being so mean the other night.

"Yes!" He said pointing at her " but also before my interview my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut Palms for Cameron's big plane because it was too heavy it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So I'm there sitting in my interview thinking to myself, hmm why would Cameron need a longer air strip to take off, what could be so heavy to weigh it down?" He said almost in one breath.

Riley watched as JJ turned around, and John B slowly sat up. Then it hit her too.

"Gold" she almost whispered but the rest of pogues seemed to agree

"Exactly!" Pope said "guys this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go!" He shouted at them.

"We can't give up now! Kie agreed, looking between each pogue.

"What's the plan big man?" JJ asked John B

"We're gonna steal that shit back!" John B said smiling.

The pogues all looked at each other, like this was the moment they'd all been waiting for. Like this was meant to be all along. Relieved, determination, and excitement written on all their faces as they began running back the way pope had came to get back what belonged to them.

* * *

The pogues piled into the campervan and began driving as JJ loaded his gun.

"We go in there, guns blazing, make ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible, and vamós, get the hell out of there!" JJ concluded, excitement brimming on every word.

"Send that shit right down the inter coastal," John B continued

"Wait for the weather" kie added

"Exit to Cuba" pope finished.

"Cuba? Nah man xcalak, jewel of the Yucatán, lobsters so thick, mangos, and no word for money" JJ smiled, and the rest smiled with him, for once soaking in his words.

"We really doing this?" Riley smiled in disbelief

JJ smiled back at the girl and nodded at her.

"Let's do this shit!" John B told the group, and they all whooped in excitement.

Authors note- a short filler chapter, but so much drama to come.