2: "𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗, 𝚏𝚘𝚘𝚕."

The sun was up, shining down on the civilians of the Outer Banks. Everything was a wreck from Hurricane Agatha the night before. Garbage laid everywhere, on land, in the ocean. Everyone on the south side of the island could be seen standing out on the docks, cleaning up all the damage Agatha had done.

The Heyward twins was one of them as Pope held a hose in his hand, spraying the dock while Y/n wore plastic gloves on her hands, picking up the garbage that was on the docks. Neither of the siblings could be trusted, especially Y/n, after their little water fight with the hoses days before.

So, instead, Heyward had given Pope the hose, knowing he'd most likely not spray his sister unlike her. A few feet away from the siblings, John B and JJ stood on the HMS Pogue, driving towards the siblings, announcing their presence.

"We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory." John B announces, making his voice sound like he was on a radio.

"We can't. Our pop's got us on lockdown." Pope informs.

"Come on, guys. Your dad's a pussy. Over." JJ comments, also making his voice sound like a radio.

Heyward suddenly walks over. "Oh, I heard that, you little bastard."

"We need your son and daughter." John B calls to him.

"Yeah, and island rules. Day after hurricane's a free day." JJ adds, obviously lying.

"Who the hell made that up?" Heyward asks.

"Uh... Pentagon, I think. We have a security clearance. I have a card." JJ lies.

Heyward raises a brow. "Do y'all think I'm stupid?"

"We'll do it tomorrow, Dad. I promise." Y/n tells her father.

Pope nods. "Yeah, tomorrow. We promise."

"No, no. Hell no." Heyward protests. "You're both doing it right now."

"Get in the boat." John B whispers to the siblings.

"Make a run for it, guys." JJ adds, also in a whisper.

Sharing a look and ignoring their dad's protests, the siblings quickly drop their items, Y/n taking off the gloves as they hop into the HMS Pogue, all while Heyward shouts at his daughter and son as John B drove away. As he shouted, John B also spoke over him, promising to bring back his kids in one piece.

"And I don't like your guys friends!" Heyward finishes.

The twins make themselves comfortable on the the boat, letting their feet dangle over the edge. As JJ sat beside Y/n, the two continued to playfully nudge one another, smiles on their faces. Eventually, they find themselves stopping near Kiara's house.

The said girl walks down the dock, a cooler in her hands. Y/n holds a hand out for the girl, to which she takes it, carefully stepping down before John B drives off. As the minutes go by, which soon turned into almost an hour, few of them found themselves without their shirts on, the girl's having bikini tops underneath while the boy's were shirtless.

Laughs continued to leave the five teenagers as they clinked their beer bottles together, taking gulps or sips of the alcohol. As they did that, Pope had taken John B's spot at the wheel, letting the Routledge boy sit back and relax while he drove.

"Let me show you a party trick. Hey, Pope. Can you go a little faster?" JJ questions, stepping to the front of the boat.

Pope shakes his head. "Here we go. I'm moving."

"It doesn't work. We've tried this like six thousand times." John B reminds, seating himself down.

"I got this. It's gonna work!" JJ insists.