28: "𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚍."

The group of five had agreed to go along with Pope's plan about the ferry as they found themselves in public. John B had his seat lowered, hiding his face from the public eye, keeping it below the windows. Meanwhile, Pope had clambered out of the vehicle and to a stand to get his friend a ticket to get off of the Outer Banks.

The Heyward boy let's out a sigh when he sees a sign saying the ferry was closed. However, he almost instantly forgets about the sign when his eyes land on a piece of paper right beneath it, the words 'WANTED' printed at the top with John B's picture and full name right below it.

Pope reaches out, grabbing the paper and clutching it in his hands as he speeds back to his friends that sat in the car, all of them watching as he ventures back. Both Kiara and Y/n take notice of the slight glances he was getting at why he was so tense all of a sudden.

"Okay, so, bad news. The ferry's closed, and there is this." Pope informs while handing the paper to his friends, getting into the car.

"Well, John B, this is a good framer of you." JJ comments.

"Okay, so the whole island's looking for John B right now." Y/n states.

"That's a lot of money." Kie points out.

"Congratulations, John B. You're now famous." JJ jokes as he hands the poster to the brunette.

"Guys, we got to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights--" Kie starts.

"It's at the Chateau, Kie." John B interrupts her.

"And I wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out. Let me think. Oh, yeah. No. They definitely have that place locked down." JJ tells them.

Y/n nods. "Yeah, copy that."

"Let me think. Just give me a second." Pope begins. "JJ. Does your dad still have that boat? The cigarette boat, the Phantom. The one he used to race."

JJ shrugs. "Maybe."

"You could get right up the coast, no problem." Pope states.

"It won't be easy, Pope." JJ replies. "I don't know where the keys are."

"Well, find them." Pope instructs. "Why is nobody moving forward?"

"Can you relax?" Kie pleads.

"JJ, how much weed did you give him?" Y/n asks.

"The car's on the poster." John B hisses.

Pope starts honking the horn. "Can we move it, please?"

"It's that guy. Right there." A little boy tells his mother, catching the teenagers attention. "We get twenty-five thousand dollars if we find him."

"He's right there!" A man exclaims as he bangs on the window, looking down at John B. "I found him."

Both Y/n and Kie shout to Pope to start the car as the man and little boy argue back and forth on who found the Routledge boy first. Suddenly, Pope presses on the gas, slamming into the car in front of them. Ignoring his friends and sister's shouts, Pope continues driving forward, pushing the car.

Next thing they all knew, the Heyward boy was turning and driving onto the grass, causing almost everyone to frantically move out of the way as they soon turned onto the main road. Pope, just then, hits a mailbox, letting out a loud laugh while doing so. All of a sudden, a foot slams on the break just as Pope turns to John B, a serious look on his face.

"John B, get out." Pope demands.

JJ nods. "He's right. We'll draw the cops, you run. I'll get the rig, and I'll meet you in the dump tomorrow, okay? Three o'clock, okay?"