19: "𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚎, 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜."

Later in the day, back at the Chateau on the porch, Pope, JJ and Y/n weren't too surprised to see Sarah Cameron there with John B. They didn't mind her there, but Kiara... was pissed. The Carrera girl was against the idea of having the Cameron girl work with them on their Pogue thing.

"No effing way! You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" Kie yells out in anger, continuously glaring at the Kook

Not really knowing what to respond with, John B slowly looks to the other three of his friends who had all just been silently sitting there, watching as Kie blew up on the brunette and the new blonde. Both the Heyward twins shrug in response, not knowing what to say with as well.

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ admits.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing. A Pogue thing." Kie reminds, raising her voice even more.

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." Pope awkwardly announces.

Y/n nods in agreement. "Yeah, me too."

"When are either of you not uncomfortable?" John B fires back.

"I don't know. We both rode here on the back of JJ's bike, somehow, pretty comfortably." Pope argues back.

JJ nods. "It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen either of them. Especially Pope."

"That's cute, guys." John B comments.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her." Kie intervenes.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah speaks up, raising her voice.

"Then leave." Kie replies bluntly.

Sarah scoffs, glancing at John B. "I told you."

"Told him what, exactly? That you're a liar?" Kie questions.

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch." Sarah snaps out of anger.

At her words and the girls continuing to argue, the trio sitting on the side began taking bets, sharing small and quiet words. Meanwhile, being the only silent one in the room, John B had his hands clenched into fists, just wanting the two girls to get along.

"Everybody shut up!" John B shouts, quieting everyone down. "Kie, you are my best friend, right? And Sarah, you're... you're my..."

Sarah smiles at him. "Say it."

"You're my girlfriend." John B reveals.

"Oh... that's new." Pope whispers.

Kie raises a brow. "She's your girlfriend now? What was all that talk about you were just using her for information? Get a map, cut her loose."

At her words, the Cameron girl frowns, feeling her eyes water slightly as she licks her lips, but she holds those tears back, not wanting to cry over some boy. Glancing at John B, she watches as he awkwardly scratches his head, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"You said you were using me?" Sarah asks.

John B shakes his head. "No."

"Yeah, you did." The four correct.

"Look, love just walked in, okay?" John B argues.

"Oh, vomit." Kie murmurs.

"I didn't expect it." John B continues. "It just-- it kind of happened. And I'm not gonna deny it. Right?"

"That's corny." Y/n comments in a whisper.

"Look, cut the bullshit, John B. If she's in, I'm out." Kie informs.

"Kie, I'm not doing this." John B protests. "I can't!"

"You are gonna decide." Kie demands. "I'm very interested, actually. Me or her?"

John B shrugs a shoulder. "Both."

JJ whistles. "Went for the Hail Mary."

Clearly not liking his decision as she wanted him to choose her, Kie stomps out of the house, leaving her four friends with the girl she despises most in the entire world. JJ, Pope and Y/n all exchange awkward glances.

Sarah looks at her boyfriend. "It'll be cool, right? I'm gonna leave."

"Sarah, don't." John B tries.

"Gonna let y'all chat." Sarah continues. "Let me know."

And with that, she walks out of the room, just like Kie did, but not as angry, leaving the four all together.

"I'd just like to say, you handled that beautifully." JJ comments.

***

After a little while when the two girls had left, JJ, John B and Y/n found themselves inside the Chateau in the kitchen as Pope had left to talk to Kie who was at the docks by herself. After a couple minutes, the sound of the door opening is heard over their talking as Pope walks into the kitchen.

"What'd she say?" John B questions.

"That you're an idiot." Pope replies.

"It's a no-brainer. You're picking Kie." Y/n tells the brunette.

John B shakes his head. "Look, I can't make a decision."

"So what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped?" JJ fires back.

Y/n sighs. "We can't do this without Kie, and you know it."

"And I can't do it without Sarah. Okay? They both have to be in on it." John B argues.

Pope shrugs. "Well, good luck with that."

"You know what? I know this was my fault, alright? But it's our problem. I've got a plan. And you three shitheads are gonna help me out." John B instructs.