3: "𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖."

The entire motel was a wreck. Almost even more worse than where it was everywhere else. The motel almost looked deserted, abandoned. But if the teenagers looked very closely as John B drove towards it, they could see people from the cut out front of the motel, cleaning up the many branches that had fell from Agatha.

JJ whistles. "I thought the Chateau looked bad."

"This place is a shitshow." John B comments.

Y/n squints her eyes at the motel. "Looks like a place where someone would be murdered."

JJ nods. "You're not right."

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie questions.

"You be the judge." Pope replies.

"Doesn't look like the type of place somebody with a Grady-White would stay." John B observes.

"No. It looks like the type of place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope corrects, nodding to his sister. "Y/n was right."

As they got closer to shore, JJ hops off the boat, tying the rope he held in his hands around something to keep them steady. While doing so, John B leaves the steering wheel, about to join his blonde best friend.

"Hey." Pope calls to him, making him stop as he points to JJ. "Don't let him do anything stupid."

"Oh, we will." JJ assures, nodding.

John B points at the blonde slightly, glancing at Pope. "I'm not making promises."

"Be careful." Kie tells the brunette, handing him the key. "I mean it."

With a slightly awkward expression, John B nods in response, hopping off the boat while him and JJ walk off towards the hotel room. Meanwhile, the twins and Kiara sit on the HMS Pogue, waiting for their friends while also starting a conversation.

"Biggest pet peeve?" Kie asks, receiving a nod from Y/n as they continue their conversation. "Easy. Giving one percent to the environment."

Pope's brows furrow. "What's wrong with that?"

"We only have one Earth, Pope. We should be giving it one hundred percent, bare minimum." Kie states.

Y/n nods, sharing a glance with her brother. "Right. That's not fiscally sound."

"Neither is destroying the only planet we have to live on." Kie retorts.

"Hey, hey, cops." Pope suddenly hisses, pointing over to a cop car. "Call them."

"I can't. Towers are down." Kie informs.

"If I lose my merit scholarship, I'm gonna kill someone." Pope threatens while they hop off the boat, hiding behind a sign. "Maybe they're not going up there. Maybe they're just looking for a room."

"He pointing. They're going up there." Y/n nervously observes.

As quick as possible, the three rush to the side of the motel, making their way underneath the window of the room that John B and JJ were currently in. Grabbing a rock, Pope throws the stone upwards, however, it doesn't make it that far.

Kie glances at him with a confused, yet shocked look. "Didn't you ever play baseball?"

"I was on the math team." Pope defensively replies.

Bending down, the girls begin to grab rocks, throwing them upwards towards the glass window. Eventually, after a couple more seconds, Y/n was able to get the stone to hit the glass.

Y/n takes a glance at her brother. "I was on the math team, too, but you don't see me missing."

As Pope glares at his twin, John B's face soon appears from behind the curtain as he moved it out of the way to get a better look at his three friends outside.