12: "𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚒𝚝 𝚞𝚜, 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖."

(Here's another chapter)

The sun in the Outer Banks had slowly begun to set, the reflection showing off from the large waters around the island. The sound of JJ Maybank laughs could be heard as he ran down the docks and towards the boat where the Heyward siblings were at. The sounds of the seagulls in the distance followed the blonde's excited laughter.

Once he was onto the boat, Pope begins to drive off, both him and Y/n listening to JJ's rambling about making a hundred bucks. The girl sat on a small chair, head in her hands as she thought of him. She knew she shouldn't be, but she couldn't help it. Rafe Cameron was stuck on her mind, and he wouldn't leave.

JJ walks inside the small compartment of the boat, finishing off his rambling where he finally notices the blank expression on Pope's face, the few tears that slid down his cheeks and the Heyward girl's state at the moment. A look of concern was plastered on. JJ examines the Heyward boy more, finally noticing the bruises.

"Yo, what happened to your face, dude?" JJ questions.

The blonde reaches out, going to slowly take off Pope's baseball cap to get a better look. However, Pope quickly put it back on but the blonde still noticed. Exclaiming a small 'jesus', JJ walks to Y/n, crouching in front of her and gently taking her hands from her face, revealing the bruises and the large cut on her forehead.

"What happened?" JJ asks.

Pope sniffles a little. "Rafe and Topper jumped us. They said no Pogues on their side of the island."

JJ continues to stare at the girl in concern, wiping away the few tears that fell. "What are you two gonna do?"

The siblings only glance at one another, seeming to share the same idea, making JJ even more curious.

***

The trio wouldn't lie. Topper's boat looked amazing at the moment. But, unforuntely, it had to go down. One way or another. With glares, the three Pogues stood on their boat, still in Figure Eight as they stared at the very, very expensive boat owned by Topper Thornton.

The Heyward twins had came up with a plan. Both wanted revenge. JJ wanted revenge. They hurt his friends. His best friends. His family. And he wanted to get them back, but knew that either Pope or Y/n should do it instead.

"2020 Malibu, 24-MXC. The world's finest wakesetter. Number one in quality, luxury, and performance." Y/n lists, repeating JJ's previous words from earlier that day when they first saw Topper's boat.

"This is war, guys. They hit us, we hit them." JJ states, putting on a bandana over his face.

"Do it." Pope adds.

The two boys watch as Y/n takes off her t-shirt, followed by her shorts, revealing her bathing suit underneath. Jumping off their boat, the girl dives into the water, going beneath the water as she begins to swim towards Topper's expensive boat. She knew Rafe would come after her for this, tell her not to do it again. But right now, she didn't care.

He hurt her brother. Topper hurt her.

The two other Pogues watch as she climbs onto the fancy boat, making sure not to slip from her, now, wet feet. Bending down, the sound of bubbling adds to the girl's pants as she dives back into the water, swimming back to her best friend and brother, all while Topper's boat starts sinking beneath the waves.

Seeing the ladder that JJ had placed into the water for her, the girl climbs back up, rubbing the water off her eyes as she holds up her hand, revealing the plug she had taken from Topper's boat, which started making in, now, sink below.

JJ smiles. "Wow, you did it. I am so proud of you right now."

"Honestly, me too." Pope admits, giving his sister a smile.

"Guys?" Y/n begins, receiving hums. "You guys can't tell anybody. Not Kie, not John B, nobody."

"Wasn't planning on telling anyone, anyway." Pope informs.

JJ nods. "Yup, my lips are sealed. Give me that."

Obeying, the girl gives him the plug object as Pope rushes to the steering wheel of the boat. Swinging his arm out, the blonde throws the small plug into the water, letting it sink beneath the waves before quickly ushering Pope to drive off which they do.

As they drove, JJ continued to praise the Heyward girl as she dried herself off, smiling at him every so often.

***

The sun had almost fully set, the moon slowly beginning to come out. However, there was a bit of light coming from the sky that let the five Pogues seeing through the darkness of the night. The group had found themselves in the backyard of the Chateau, sitting in silence while the seagulls let out caws in the distance from the beach.

On the hammock, Y/n and JJ sat together, facing one another while the other three were on chairs beside them. The teenagers had just gone for a little bit of a surf in the ocean, laughs escaping them. Both Kiara and John B had noticed the bruises on the siblings, but decided not to question it.

"You really think it's out there? Like, no bullshit?" Pope questions, breaking the silence.

John B shrugs. "My father thought it was."

"But do you?" Pope asks just as a rumble of thunder is heard.

"After hearing his voice on that tape..." John B starts, nodding. "I think I do."

"Only one way to find out." Kie states as the three of them do a handshake.

"Look, we're gonna find it, you know? Even JJ believes." Y/n jokes, glancing at the blonde.

John B fake gasps. "Oh, my God, JJ, do you really believe?"

"Totally. Wait. Are we talking about five mil?" JJ questions.

"Five hundred mil." The four correct.

"Jinx." The girl say in unison, looking at one another with agape mouths.

"Don't even start." JJ warns them, shifting in his spot. "I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks. Good night, Bird!"

"Good night, bird shit!" John B calls back.

Y/n let's out a chuckle at the their words, resting her head against the hammock, thinking of a certain Kook.