22: "𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚙𝚜."

The next day after their excited outbursts, the three girls found themselves sitting in the campervan together, looking at a drawing of the well in the Crain's house. The door to the campervan was open as Pope and John B stood a few feet away from the vehicle, coming up with a plan on how to get the gold from the well, making sure they wouldn't be caught by Mrs. Crain like last night.

The trio of girls couldn't help but laugh at how Y/n's twins drawing wasn't the best drawing in the world. As they did that, JJ soon walks out, placing the gold in front of them. After a couple minutes, the teenagers gathered around Kiara as she started melting the gold so they could pawn it later on at the shop.

Y/n sat against a tree, her back against the trunk, Pope and JJ in-between her, the trio sharing small words as they watched the Carrera girl work. Eventually, the group of six get into the campervan where John B drives off and into town, soon parking just out front of the pawn shop.

As they exited the vehicle, JJ began complaining how his part of the plan that the others had came up with, only because he was the best at lying. His complaining stopped, however, when Y/n places a hand on his back, pushing him inside the shop, her and the others following.

"Afternoon, ma'am." JJ greets the shopkeeper.

"Afternoon." The woman greets back.

The Maybank boy walks towards the front desk, stopping in front of her as the other teenagers of the group venture around, making sure to stay close by so they could hear the conversation between the two.

"I see you buy gold." JJ observes.

"That's what the sign say, don't it?" The woman fires back.

"Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind." JJ reveals.

The woman shakes her head. "I ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it."

The shopkeeper watches as he takes off his backpack, placing it on the counter in front of her and unzipping one of the pockets, bringing out the gold and placing it on the counter with a small clink filling the air.

"How about them gold apples?" JJ questions.

The woman chuckles. "That ain't real."

JJ raises a brow. "That ain't real?"

"It can't be." The woman insists.

"Feel how heavy it is." JJ tries.

Reaching forward, he watches as she has a little trouble lifting the gold up but, eventually, was able to do so, holding it against the palms of her hands. The woman reaches down, grabbing a magnifying glass, turning on the light that was on it as she examines the heavy gold.

"Spray-painted tungsten." The woman says.

"Spray-painted tungsten? Really? Okay. Why don't you see how soft it is?" JJ suggests.

Opening up a drawer, the woman grabs a nail and a small hammer, once again, obeying his request and putting the nail on the gold, hitting the nail with the hammer. Pulling them back, she checks for any dents or marks she made, but there were none.

"Wow. Would you look at that?" JJ says.

The woman sighs. "Hold your horses. We ain't got to the acid test yet."

"Ooh! The acid test. My favorite, guys." JJ comments, glancing back at his friends.

Reaching inside the same drawer, the shopkeeper puts the nail and hammer back before grabbing a small bottle of liquid. Twisting off the lid and carefully turning the bottle over, a small bit of acid falls onto the gold, the woman watching for any reaction but there were none.