29: "𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚑𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎?"

The sun was up and shining down on the island full of civilians. The birds flew around in the air and on the beach, cawing to wake up all the citizens of the Outer Banks. The Wreck was empty, only four teenagers staying inside as the morning was coming up. John B hadn't been found by the police yet, which made the Pogues relieved.

The two girls of the group were sleeping peacefully while JJ stood off to the side, staring out the window as Pope was slowly waking up, glancing at Kie before letting out a groan. The Heyward boy had confessed his feelings for the Carrera girl the night before after he had followed her to the Cameron residence.

Unfortunately, Pope was rejected from the girl as she had hardly let him say a word once he said those three words. Rising up to his feet, Pope takes a glance at his sister, glad she was finally sleeping before venturing towards JJ just as the girls had slowly began to wake up a few minutes later.

Y/n sat up from her laying position, stretching out her arms and back as she thought of the night before. While she was a little high, she visited her boyfriend who had killed the sheriff. Though she knew it wasn't right, she still loved him deeply. And she knew he loved her.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ tells Pope.

Pope shakes his head. "No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"Let's hope." JJ says.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." Kie reminds, speaking up.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope states.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ questions.

The Heyward boy doesn't respond to his friend's question as he purses his lips, venturing to a bag that sat on the table, digging inside and swiping the keys for the motorbike that was parked outside of the restaurant at the moment. Not looking at either of them, he begins to walk to the door.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope informs.

Y/n stands up. "I'm coming with you."

"Hey, you be careful. Okay? Both of you." Kie tells them in a calm voice.

Pope stops in his tracks once he got to the door with his sister right behind him, slowly glancing at the Carrera girl who was already staring at him. The boy held a blank expression, almost like he was glaring at her. Instead of responding, he looks over his shoulder at the blonde behind him and his sister.

"Meet us at the dock at three. Don't be late." Pope demands.

And with that, not waiting for a response from his friends, Pope stomps out of the restaurant with Y/n trailing behind him after giving her friends one last glance. JJ glances to Kie who sighs, rising to her feet and following after the siblings, calling for the Heyward boy who had hopped onto the motorbike.

Kie continued calling after the boy as she saw both siblings hop onto the motorbike. JJ followed behind her, stopping right by the door as he watched the interaction. Ever time Kie tried speaking to Pope, he'd rev up the engine, cutting her off as he didn't wanna listen. After a few seconds, Pope drives off, him and Y/n leaving their two friends behind.

For a couple minutes, at least, the siblings sat on the motorbike as Pope drove to their father's shop, knowing they'd be able to get gas from there. Soon enough, Pope parks the motorbike where Y/n quickly gets off, jogging to some empty tanks, handing one to her brother before they walk to the gas machine.

Pope quickly places the hose for the gas in the small hole of the tank, soon taking it out and letting his sister do the other one. As the gas fills in the second tank, the distant clap of thunder rumbling in the distance catches their attention. The siblings look over, seeing the clouds darkening far in the distance, showing a storm was coming. Just as Y/n puts the hose back and they grab the tanks, their father walks out of the shop and towards them.

"Look at you two. Like some damn street hood out here stealing gas from me. My own blood." Heyward points out.

Y/n shakes her head. "We're not stealing."

"Stop lying. I just saw it in your damn hand." Heyward recalls, pointing at the machine.

"Our friend is in trouble, and we need to help him." Pope declares.

"John B did not kill anybody." Y/n insists, adding onto what her brother said.

Heyward sighs. "Says who?"

"Says us." Pope replies.

"And I'm supposed to believe you both? After you, Pope, ran out on your interview? Shit, kids, get in the house." Heyward demands.

As the man reaches forward, reaching out for the tank that his daughter held in her hands, the girl moves back, both twins telling their father a firm 'no', making him slightly surprised as they've never done that before.

Heyward raises a brow. "Oh, you both adults now? Huh? You two wanna have a go at it with me? Is that it?"

"We're walking out of here with these damn cans. You not getting in our way." Pope sneers at their father.

"Oh, I'm getting in your way." Heyward protests. "And one day, two both might be able to whoop my ass, but it ain't today."

Just then, Heyward shoves his son back, causing the boy to drop the tank he held. The next thing Y/n knew, her brother and father began to shove each other to which she quickly yells out, wanting them both to stop. All of a sudden, Pope sends a punch to their father's face.

"Pope, stop!" Y/n shouts.

"Try again." Heyward insists, looking at his son as tears began to fall from his cheeks. Pope hesitates now, lowering his fist. "You wanna hit me? What about you, Y/n? You wanna hit me?"

Pope shakes his head, grabbing the tank he dropped. "We don't got time for this. We gotta help our friend. Come on, Y/n/n."

Y/n glances between her twin brother and her father who was looking at her, seeming to wait to see what she was gonna do. Feeling tears prick her eyes, she picks up the tank and follows after her brother, knowing they had to help John B.

"Yeah, yeah, you two just go ahead. You take everything, kids. You already have!" Heyward calls to them as the twins began to silently cry. "You're both ungrateful sons of bitches, kids."

Y/n sniffles quietly as her and her twin place the tanks onto the motorbike before they both hop on after securing them tightly. Pope revs up the engine as Y/n wraps her arms around his torso before he drives off, leaving their father behind to stare at his kid's retreating figures with tear stained cheeks.