*07: why are you so difficult?

SEVEN

why are you so difficult?

Uma was out with James, finally. And Billie, glad to have the place to herself, was cooking spaghetti in her underwear and her oversized Iron Maiden t-shirt. When she was done, she sat down on the sofa, and wrote the finishing paragraph on her work from the law party.

Suddenly, there was an angry knock on the front door that made her jump. Cautiously, she walked over to the door and looked through the peep-hole. She scoffed and opened the door, feeling her body heating up at the thought of who was on the threshold.

Rafe looked up in urgency, his nostrils flaring and breath quick after running up the stairs. He looked at Billie with scorn and stomped past her to walk into the apartment.

"By all means, come in," Billie said sarcastically and closed the door after him. "What do you want?"

"To return this." Rafe held up the microphone and Billie smiled viciously. Rafe put the microphone on the kitchen table and then looked unimpressed at Billie.

"What? You expect me to do this conventionally?" she asked, and held a hand up on her chest in fake offense.

"You're supposed to interview me, not investigate me," Rafe spat. This was the Rafe she recognised. Easily angered and unpredictable. It made her tense slightly.

"I have to do some research. I can't take everything you say at face value." Billie thought this was obvious. Rafe grunted in annoyance.

"I could just tell your boss," Rafe threatened.

"He encourages my methods," Billie winked at him with a smile and jumped up to sit on the kitchen counter. Rafe suddenly realized that she wasn't wearing any pants and turned around to hide his blushing.

"He's an idiot," Rafe muttered.

"Yes," Billie nodded in agreement. "But he likes me, so your threats don't work. And I suspect your Walter would agree. Because I'm not going to find anything, am I?" she asked suggestively.

"Why are you so difficult?" Rafe said through his teeth as he looked out the window.

"Pogue," Billie shrugged her shoulders and Rafe turned around to glare at her amused face. He rolled his eyes.

Suddenly, laughter could be heard from the hallway. Billie's eyes shot up as she ran to pull Rafe into her room.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Rafe sneered but Billie put her hand over his mouth and gave him a shut the fuck up-stare.

As he felt his cheeks turn warm and breath turn uneven, he ripped Billie's hand off him and stepped further into her bedroom as Billie pressed her ear towards the door, leaning slightly forward.

When she was turned away from him, his eyes landed on her ass, recently exposed by her leaning into the door. He clenched his fists at the sight of the white lace that rested halfway up her cheeks and turned away, losing his usually firm grip on his self-control.

After a while, she turned around looking pleased.

"Are we hiding from your boyfriend?" Rafe said teasingly but paused to hear her reply. Billie rolled her eyes.

"Uma just came home with the love of her life," she said. "He's like a deer in headlights, I don't want to scare him away." Rafe looked at her amused until his facial expression changed upon realization.

"No, no, no," Rafe protested and walked towards her. "I'm not hiding in your room all night so that Uma can get some." Billie looked at him and pouted her lips. Fuck she is sexy. Shut up, Rafe. Shut up. His rampant thoughts grew silent when Billie opened her mouth to speak.