*34: a shit show.

THIRTY FOUR

a shit show.

As it turned out, Kie was the only one there except for Sarah and John B. Billie made a mental note to cynically ask John B why him and Sarah needed a car each. It's like they wanted to be made fun of.

"Okay team," Sarah hollered after everyone had barged into the living room and introductions between the yankees and Kie had been made. "We only have one guest room and I've promised that to Wheezie so..."

"Honestly, we can just find an hotel," Percy protested and the rest of the New York crew nodded.

"Nonsense, you need the full OBX experience," Sarah stated. She had made up her mind, there was no arguing with her.

"So..." Sarah's face held an expression that made Billie suspicious and slightly scared. "Truman and Percy, you're with Kiara. She's got the most room and you'll get your own bedrooms." Billie was surprised Kie had agreed to having two strange men stay with her but then again, Sarah had made up her mind. There was no arguing with this bride. That was clear to everyone.

"I'll take you there later and you can drop off your stuff," Kie smiled and Percy and Truman nodded politely like the good boys they are.

"And Billie and Uma, you're staying at the chateau." Sarah made sure to not look at Billie while she said this.

"What?!" Billie let out with a frightened expression. "Sarah, no, no, no. Why can't they stay with JJ?" She pointed at Percy and Truman who looked equally confused as amused.

"It'll be good for you, Billie, come on, you two need to talk," John B interjected and Billie gave him a sour glance.

"What is this, the parent trap?" Billie said, frustrated that anyone would ever think this was a good idea. "He. Hates. Me."

"Come on, you don't believe that."

"He's not even here," Billie pleaded her case. John B raised an eyebrow.

"You're right. Billie why don't you take the HMS and go get him?" John B suggested. Billie's eyes went wide as she shook her head. Please no.

"That's good. Billie you do that," Sarah nodded and Billie started to protest.

"He should be here. You're probably the reason he's not, so go talk to him. End of. Anyone for drinks?" Sarah said quickly, brushing Billie's protests away. As everyone walked into the kitchen, Kie hooked her arm in Billie's.

"This is going to be a shit show," Billie muttered.

"I hope so... Sarah's banned laughter since she started this wedding farce. Come on," Kie pleaded with a smile and dragged Billie with her to the kitchen.

Billie was gobsmacked. And she felt like a child. Did JJ agree to this just so he could kill her in her sleep? But then again, he probably didn't agree to it, but was forced by the nightmare bride with the clipboard. A fucking shit show.

Uma and John B had gone with Billie out to the boat while Billie muttered under her breath.

"Not the HMS Pogue by the way," Billie muttered as she jumped into the shiny speed-boat.

"She gave in, in the end. This is the new one," John B said and looked worriedly at his sister. "Be careful." Billie rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious, Billie, this is a nice boat."

"Oh really?" Billie raised her eyebrows defiantly and revved the motor. John B pulled his hands through his hair in stress. "Bye."

"You must've had a hell of a childhood with her," Uma said as they looked after Billie as she speeded down the canal.