Chapter 3-square groupers man

Chapter 3- Square groupers man

JJ's pov-

I climb out the window and turn but maddi's not behind me.

"Maddi!come on" I say to her but I see it in her eyes that she's about to do something, and I have a feeling im not going to like it. John b see's she's not out yet

"what are you doing? " He ask his sister. she looked at John b and then me.

"trust me on this" she say's shutting the window. I look in the room and see her ruffle her hair and hop in one of the beds. My heart was pounding, I don't know if it was because she was in there with cops or not out here with me but whatever it was I didn't like it. I could see John b was worried too, if maddi got arrested it would be straight foster care or even juvie. John b looked over at me as we heard the door open. I pressed my head against the wall and listen to what was happening inside the room....

Maddi's pov-

I hop into the bed and lay my head down as if I was sleeping. My heart was beating so fast and I could barley breath. The police bargded in.

"excuse me" A police officer says. I don't recognize the officer he must be new.I open my eyes and yawn as if I had just woken up.

"Uh-hello, what are you doing in my room" I ask very innocently.

"ma'am are you sure this is your room?" the officer ask me. I look around pretenting to not know where I am.

"oh god" I say in a suprised voice" it's not"

"do you know who's room this is?" he ask.

"no. Omg they must be so worried" I say standing up. "I feel terrible, can you please tell them i'm sorry"

The officer nods. I think he bought it, I hope he did. I make my way out of the room the officers walk out behind me. I go up the stairs so they think I have a room on another floor and they don't get suspicous of pope and Kie. The officer go back to the room and leave around 5 minutes later. I go downstair ,JJ and John B were already by the boat since they just had to hop off the ledge.

"sup losers" I say walking up to everyone. John B gives me a hug while JJ hops back on the boat.

"what happened" kie questioned. We get on the boat and explain everything that happened to Kie and Pope.

"how did you know they would believe your lie" JJ asked me.

"I didn't, I just kinda went with it." I shrugged.

JJ walked over and sat next to me and whispered in my ear "bad*ss"

I laughed and pushed his face away.

"I know" I said and flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"so did ya'll find anything" Kie asked looking at us. JJ pulled out the gun and a wad of cash. Kie and Pope got really mad at JJ. He finally put the gun under the seat after a lot of conviencing.

~

We decided to hang out on the docks for a while. After a few minutes of sitting around a girl comes and join us. Her name is ella. We know her from the cut but we aren't really friends. She sat next to JJ and was flirting with him. I noticed a group of people gathering around something.

"whats that" I asked.

"Scooter grubbs, appartenly he was fishing last night and they found his body this morning." She says as we all look at eachother.

"I got a picture, cool right?!" she says proud that she got a picture of a dead body. That was too far, I can hadle her hanging all over JJ but that was someones family and she's taking pictures like it's just a animal on the side of the road.